Gallet 350

Anyone have a gallet 350? Looking for some reviews.. sitting on the fence between 350 and 250....

I was in your shoes about a week ago. Did some call, on line reading and i went for the 250.

I was going for the slick looking 350 but apparently not as good. I cant compare because my is an old gentex. Good luck.

I purchased a Gallet LH050 a couple of years back. It's the "Janer" model but that makes it lighter and also less bulky for long-lining out of a bubble window. You still have an internal visor which is available in all the same tints as the external visor. I've been very happy with mine. PM me if you want cost, supplier etc.

Cheers,

Ben

Anyone have a gallet 350? Looking for some reviews.. sitting on the fence between 350 and 250....

I have the 250 with a visor cover and love it.

Got it from Ron @ helicopterhelmet.com, great fast service to Canada....

Good luck

I've heard that the 250 is narrower but taller while the 350 is not as tall but wider (see pic in above post). I've also heard the 350 is more substantial, therefore heavier. The chin strap on the 350 has a cup that goes right on the chin whereas the 250 strap goes under the chin.

The 250 needs tools to change the visors while the 350 does not.

I've heard from one of the suppliers that the 350 takes some getting used to. I was actually going to order one but decided to go with the 250 instead.

Well after alot of thought I decided to go with the 250.

When the biggest seller of Gallet in North America tells me he has been to mulitple helicopter trade shows showing the 350 beside the 250 to pilots and has come away with not one sale for the 350 it tells me something.

Could go into detail but he had a lot of good reasons to NOT buy the 350.

Let you know how the 250 works in about 2 weeks time........

I purchased a Gallet LH050 a couple of years back. It's the "Janer" model but that makes it lighter and also less bulky for long-lining out of a bubble window. You still have an internal visor which is available in all the same tints as the external visor. I've been very happy with mine. PM me if you want cost, supplier etc.

Cheers,

Ben

Your box is full. Buying a 050 and starting to price them out. Any PM'd info would be appreciated in case I missed something. Service is important as well

• 1 month later...

Hello All

Just thought I’d throw in my two cents about the new LH350 helmet as we just bought 2 of them. I have had a HGU55 helmet for the last 13 years and love it. (I know it’s not an approved helmet for helicopters)

I took four helmets from work and compared them to each other, size and weight wise and this is what I came up with. This is what each helmet was installed with;

LH250 (large Shell) Dual Visor/Night Vision Attachment/Zeta Liner/Carbon Visor Cover

LH350 (Medium Shell) Dual Visor/Night Vision Attachment/Zeta Liner/Active Noise Reduction (w/Helmet Mounted 9V Battery)/NVG Lip Light/Volume Control

LH350 (Large Shell) Dual Visor/Night Vision Attachment/Zeta Liner/Active Noise Reduction (w/Helmet Mounted 9V Battery)/NVG Lip Light/Volume Control

HGU55 (Custom Fit) Single Visor/Oxygen Attachment

Model - Weight (Grams) - W x H x L(inches)

HGU55 (C Fit) - 1192 - 10.55 X 9.38 X 8.75

LH250 (L Shell) - 1528 - 10.75 X 10.55 X 10.85

LH350 (M Shell) - 1587 - 11.50 X 8.75 X 11.65

LH350 (L Shell) - 1778 - 12.20 X 9.25 X 12.35

I was lucky enough to fit into the LH350 Medium Shell, My head measured 22.8 inches, which is at the very high end of the Medium size helmet. The company I bought it from even tried to convince me to go to the Large size but after seeing the difference in the outer shell sizes I still wanted to try it. And I’m very glad I did as you can see by the measurements above. Although it is slightly heavier than the LH250 you have to remember my 350 has a lot more extras than the 250 we weighed, without the extras it would be a lot lighter.

The Two biggest concerns for myself was weight and height. As Im 6'2" i need all the head clearance I can get in the cockpit. As for the weight, its heavier than my HGU55 but loaded with all the options. Comfort wise the 350 is great, after a little customizing of the Zeta liner and ANR placement it fits just as comfortable as my HGU55 Custom Mold Helmet.

That’s my two cents, hope that helps some prospective buyers out.

G…

post-1842-0-73072700-1339097144_thumb.jpg

post-1842-0-93601300-1339097192_thumb.jpg

post-1842-0-34873300-1339097228_thumb.jpg

post-1842-0-00175300-1339097332_thumb.jpg