Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Synthetic Long Lines

You may get a better response if you put down which ones you are thinking of purchasing and folks could then provide pros and cons for each. Otherwise it sounds like you are trolling or looking for someone else to do your research. You can always just buy a roll of the stuff and make your own, as from what I understand it is all amsteel blue and put together by various suppliers and some think they have invented the wheel.

Barry is a good supplier also. With ongoing approved NDT testing for Class D stuff and also Dielctric lines for Class D, if you get into that work.

We use them all the time. I would agree with you, and not recommend Emergco.

As you say, Skullcap, some think they have a new wheel.... ultimately it is just a piece of fancy string.

• Like 2

I would recommend Barry long lines, have been using them for over a decade. I know companies like Columbia helicopters use Barry products. They have customizable synthetic, steel and dielectric long lines, cargo-nets and most anything you need, all certified. www.barry.ca/helicopter

OnBoard systems sells their gear.