Take A Moment...

So it seems that the fire season is finally materializing and things are picking up again. As things get busier and hairier, remember to take a minute, do things safe and get home in one piece.

Keep an eye on duty days, do your proper inspections,(whether you're a pilot, wrench, or manager) and stick to the regs...squeezing a few extra hours may save the company/earn you an extra buck now but it will cost a lot more ultimately.

Keep it safe, but git'er done.

post-8124-0-85777400-1405875637_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

So it seems that the fire season is finally materializing and things are picking up again. As things get busier and hairier, remember to take a minute, do things safe and get home in one piece.

Keep an eye on duty days, do your proper inspections,(whether you're a pilot, wrench, or manager) and stick to the regs...squeezing a few extra hours may save the company/earn you an extra buck now but it will cost a lot more ultimately.

Keep it safe, but git'er done.

attachicon.gifsafety first.jpg

Wise words. It doesn't matter whether you are flying on forest fires, moving drills, spraying or moving prospectors at some point you'll feel pressured to do things quickly and efficiently. That doesn't change your job: fly to helicopter like a proffessional to its destination safely and efficiently; follow the CARs and policies and procedures in your COM (including all preflight and post flight responsibilities). These policies are mostly safety nets to keep us all out of trouble (and alive).

I was thinking about safe flying today as I had been fairly busy and I had a full load of vip's on board.Okay lets remember those days WAY back when your instructors were giving you the gears for doing things less than professional.I would like to thank those guys for drilling the right habits into me just in case,one guy in particular,father time.....AL Lang.

• Like 2