Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Cep Kit

MEOB

Need schooling on them. Anyone running one? I've tried the ANR set ups and dident like them. Also run a lot with the sliding doors opened and I hear that the ANR doesn't like that. And I don't want something else relying on batteries. Getting my helmet refurbished and considering getting a CEP harness installed.

Thanks

I used my CEP kit for years, but I found that the cable breaks at the ear plug join, the cables are stiff and I got a hot spot of pain where the cable ran out of the earcup, and I found the tips to be annoying, I reverted back to just earplugs. (Personal preference)

If they would have made the tips/cables of the softer kind as you find in cellphone headsets, sort of like skull-candy etc, I find they would be more comfy.

The service from CEP-USA was second to none and supplied free of charge twice, the cable part. very good service indeed.

Installing the CEP kit was a breeze as well, just make sure you have the proper tools available. I also installed a ANR kit in a helmet, and that was a MUCH more involved process.

Cheers

H.

Yes the helmet comms function normal without the cep plugs connected. I've been using cep's for about 6 years with custom moulded earplugs. I can't fly without now. I also had a couple of the cables break, and cep USA replaced them. I think they have a revised cable now as this one is more than 2 years old around 800 hours of use and no issues.

Yes the helmet comms function normal without the cep plugs connected. I've been using cep's for about 6 years with custom moulded earplugs. I can't fly without now. I also had a couple of the cables break, and cep USA replaced them. I think they have a revised cable now as this one is more than 2 years old around 800 hours of use and no issues.

Fling, when you molded your plugs, did you wear your helmet while the mold set? When I had mine done long ago, they took my molds with a bear head and I always found the act of wearing a helmet (flight or motorcycle) would always break the seal and/or change my ear shape enough to seriously reduce the plugs' effectiveness.

I reverted to no plugs with my Gallet but have recently begun using standard foam plugs in addition, but of course even with COMS volume turned up the sounds is never very clear...

I had a set that were made when I first purchased my gallet with the cep kit installed. I had to get the moulds taken at a hearing clinic then ship them to the manufacturer. They were terrible. Hard rubber, never fit quite right. I think the ear canals were too long and yes they would break the seal often. I found the cep foamies to be better. I then had a set re-made a few years ago by a local hearing aid company and they were much much better, softer silicone type earplugs and have no issues with the seal breaking.