U.s Flight Schools In Canada

Full On

Agreed, what are the details?

DETAILS:

A portly ex AME who couldn't make it in Canada (or keep his hands off the twinkies) couldn't meet the weight limt in the R22 at his local school and who also had a penchant for nickel diming went down to Kalispell and got an FAA licence on a 300CBI. I guess this GUY decided that his last resort was to go that route and invite the operator to come up to Canada and set up shop.

They have arrived and are set up at CYBW offering everything from Ab-initio training to Scenic flights and Air Photo work. All with N registered aircraft and offering FAA aproved flight training at FAA prices.

If this is left alone and allowed to continue then it is only a matter of time before FAA flight schools start popping up all over Canada. I urge anyone and all flight Schools to pm me and further discuss a course of action to stop this invasion ASAP. You could bet that the operators in the USA would have something to say about Canadians setting up shop down in the States and providing the far superior training that we provide to the students of our great land. Consider this a line in the sand that can not be crossed.

Cheers

PRJB

I am quite sure the "highly qualified, highly experienced, highly professional", owners and operators of said "flight training facility" moving here........ will surely "threaten" the local, established, experienced, and (for sure) superior flight schools! :rolleyes:

Let them in!

Let them deal with the politics, licensing, costs, Transport Canada, taxes, local business permits, Canadian dollar, bureaucracy, Customs and Immigration, banks, and lots of "wannabe" bullsh!t. :rolleyes:

Bring it on I say........good luck! Let us know how it works for you coming to Canada!

It will certainly boost what our "standards are", by comparison!! ;)

Is this much different than flight schools training foriegn students to take Canadian positions?

Don't get me wrong here full on I will sign any document that will stop this but there wasn't to much support from higher time pilots when the foriegn hire issue came up.

Good luck.

Is this much different than flight schools training foriegn students to take Canadian positions?

Don't get me wrong here full on I will sign any document that will stop this but there wasn't to much support from higher time pilots when the foriegn hire issue came up.

Good luck.

When I first looked at this I didn't think much of it, so what if they give out US CPHL. But then again all that would be required is a conversion to a Canadian license, and you are ready to fly in Canada.

SO there is the problem, I have done a few US to Canadian conversions, in my experience a US licensed pilot with 150hrs is at about the same level as a Canadian trained 50 hr student pilot. I am reminded of one 150hr FAA licensed pilot who couldn't do a confined area that I send my students into solo at 40hrs.

The debate between Canadian and American training has been beat to death on here, I think Canadian trained and Canadian experienced heli pilots are the best in the world! But that’s just my opinion.

So the only threat to my business with this is the Canadian kids who think they can find an easier way to get ready to work, but then again the students who want the easy way out don't belong at my school anyway.

rob