Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Tonio

  • Rank

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ
  1. I don't know about the fixedwing flight schools as there are many of them in TO but for the R22 you could check with Canadian Helicopters in Buttonville: http://www.canadianhelicopters.ca/frame/content/toronto.html ;-)
  2. Oups, I forgot... Yeap, and not only one: - Bell 206B - Bell 206B3 - Bell 206L - Bell 206L1 C30P And B204, B212, AS350 series, etc.
  3. More general than mountain, I found this free rotorcraft flying handbook (FAA): http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aircraf...a-h-8083-21.pdf (16,7Mo) :afro:
  4. And here some videos of the trip: http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/sciences/transatlantique-helico/ (sorry, only in French)
  5. Hi! I confirm: three main flight schools in the 'Belle Province'. Two near Montreal: - Helicraft - Passport Helico And another one in Quebec City (try to get there and have a look too): - Canadian Helicopters But one thing for sure, no one will garantee you job... Cheers!
  6. Good question... No, I don't know at all.
  7. As everybody knows, 2007 is commemorating the 100th anniversary of the helicopter. In homage to the first rotary wing aircraft flight in France (Paul Cornu, November 1907), the French helicopter assiociation will fly from Paris to Oshkosh tomorrow: more than 50 hours, 300NM single-engine legs above the sea, 10,000Ft altitudes, etc... More details here: http://www.airventure.org/2007/news/070615_heliventure.html :up: Good luck to the crews!
  8. Talking of parachutes, Russians have been flying with helicopter ejector seats since a couple of years with the Kamov Ka-50: rotor blades are blown away by explosive charges in the rotor disc and the canopy is similarly jettisoned. You can check it there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamov_Ka-50 I had the chance to see this wonderful rotorcraft at the Paris Air Show a couple of years ago: just amazing!
  9. Hello JWRalph, Well... I just wanted to say in my last message that "within the 12 months preceding the date of application for the licence, an applicant shall demonstrate in flight and on the ground familiarity with and the ability to perform, as pilot-in-command of a helicopter required to be operated with a co-pilot, both normal and emergency procedures and manoeuvres appropriate to the privileges of an Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Helicopter". But you're right, the written exams can be hold for 2 years. But even if the applicant needs 30 hours instrument time (I mean even
  10. Hi! 1. For a Helicopter type rating - Two pilots: An applicant for an individual aircraft type rating for a helicopter with a minimum flight crew requirement of 2 pilots shall have completed a programm on ground and flight training on the helicopter type and for the endorsement of a PPL or CPL, obtained a minimum of 70% on the ATPL-Helicopter Category written exams (HARON and HAMRA) within the 12 months preceding application for the 1st endorsement of the rating. An applicant shall have completed flight training on the helicopter type and have completed a minimum of 250 hours pilot fl
  11. For those who want to know more about the pilot (Charles "Chuck" Aaron) and the aircraft: http://www.redbullusa.com/articlePrintVers...311204-62961151 Cheers!
  12. My fault: I thought they could have teached both... Anyway, I found this HELICOPTER flight school (distance learning too) but I've never heard about them: Dragon Helicopters But what is sure: you will hardly find a JAA approved school in North America. Or try to give a phone call to Cargair (I know: they are fixed wing too) in Montreal: they have an easy deal with some Swiss school for converting TC licences into JAA's. That might help you out! ;-)
  13. Hi! I didn't hear about any JAA Flight School in Canada but there is at least one in the States: Orlando Flight Training Another solution: have you think about distance learning courses? Check those British distance schools: Bristol Ground School or Ground Training Services Ltd But those are more dedicated for the ATPL and unfortunatly you must first obtain a JAA PPL before starting distance learning...
  • Create New...