Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About 3Lions

  • Rank

  • Birthday 03/27/1979

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ
  1. Kit # 206-706-008-13 adds 108.4 LBS @ 129" and kit # 206-706-008-11 adds 175.5 LBS @ 119.6" as per service instruction 206-26. A visual difference between the 2 installations are caps on the longitudinal tubes - the -11 kit has domed/rounded caps and the -13 has flat/flush caps.
  2. You've got your head up your arse if you think people are suddenly going to stop moving from overseas to work in Canada, and it's nothing new... people having been moving here since the country became known as Canada. The man was just looking for some advice - sure was not out to make you cry. This site used to be not a bad place to answer your questions and get some useful information, now it just seems full of tubes who've got nothing more to offer than a slag fest. Looking forward to reading the many more constructive posts in the future... or maybe I'll find something more
  3. No cost to apply, but you'll have to pay for the photo, envelope and postage to send it in. I sent in the application a couple of months ago, but no sign of it yet, so not sure when they are being issued.
  4. Emergency training for ditching aircraft and being able to safely exit whilst submurged in aircraft - courses usually use a simulated aircraft that can be submerged into water, the ones I've seen were in an indoor pool, and the aircraft can be flipped upside down etc to simulate the real thing.
  5. He'll be too old - I believe you have to have passed selection and started training by 23, unless you are already a serving member of HM Forces then the cut-off is 25... well that's what it was when I was going that route.
  6. I'm a British citizen and did my training in 2004/2005 for under $45K and eventually managed to get a full time flying job, although be advised it is no walk in the park (finding a job that is)!! For $50K you should be able to get a commercial helicopter license as long as you can complete the course in the minimum 100hr transport Canada requirement on a piston helicopter (anything from $450-$500+ per hour), as a turbine helicopter is going to cost you anything from $900+ per hour. The last thing you want, however, is to get close to the end and run out of money, as I saw that happen to a
  7. HTSC - Ex military from South America. The 214s are usually used down in the states as part of the "Aircrane" fleet.
  8. Eurocopter Canada runs AS350 courses out of Montreal I believe, and looks like they have a course on in January.... have a look at their website for more info. http://www.eurocopter.ca/asp/sTrainMaint.asp
  9. Buying an Alpha too actually, probably from the same place - Integrated Helmet Systems in North Carolina. I was going to go with Maxcraft in BC, but even if I do end up paying customs/duty it's still going to work out a few hundread bucks cheaper buying from the states. I'll give customs Canada a call and see which way they want me to bend over.
  10. So I'm looking at buying a helmet from the states, and I heard it mentioned on here that we may not have to pay customs/duty at the border for safety equipment. I've been looking on the government website but can't seem to find anything about it... is there any truth to this???
  11. Which test(s) are you refering to - the 3 technical exams or the CARS regulatory exam? Aero Training has a CARS "exam tutor" which gives you a series of multichoice exam style questions. There are 4 exams (about 40 questions in each) where you have to score 90% or more to progress onto the next exam. It's free to register, and worth a look.
  12. Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ4EOtdZANQ...ted&search=
  13. Hey Dave I was in your position a couple of years ago, so this is what I had to do: 1. Obtain a letter from the OC stating my job role, dates of employment, type of aircraft worked on, and who my supervisors where (these names have to correspond to the names in your log book/task sheets). This met the 'experience' requirement for the 48 months less 6 months, as I had to complete 6 months civilian experience. 2. Produce a log book or list of tasks (can be printed from the TC website- ATA 100) showing what jobs you have completed while working as an aircraft technician in the REM
  14. Well I've got myself a job. Just wanted to say thanks fellas for all the input.
  15. Any AMEs here worked for Campbell Helicopters... i.e. fire season, 6 weeks on 2 off?
  • Create New...