Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Truth About Brian Jenner's Dismissal

BuletRemington;

Reading through the various posts in this thread, I do not see anybody attacking Mr. Jenner as a person. He opted to promote his story on this anonymous forum using his own name and understanding the anonymity which is the rule here. By posting his story we have to presume that he was expecting responses from those anonymous members.

The main points of his story are the illegality of the moose meat procured with illegal use of a helicopter and secondly his dismissal from his post at HAC.

The issue of the illegal moose meat is simply that, he was caught and charged.

The issue of his dismissal is entirely a matter for the members of HAC to deal with but he was the President of the HAC and rather than keep this as a matter for HAC, he has chosen to take their affairs and discuss them on a public forum. Many of us know Mr. Jenner from the time he started in this business and have followed his career with HAC, an illustrious career, I am sure.

You seem to be suggesting that you would stick up for your friend as I am sure many of us have done over the years. Sticking up for a friend is a lot different than accepting a hefty financial loss for someone who was knowingly breaking the law.

Are you suggesting that if one of your friends or the operator you work for, knowingly broke the law using one of his helicopters, that you would be standing in line to admit guilt for something which you say you had nothing to do with and accepting a fine just to get him off the hook? I rather doubt it but that is your choice.

Again, Mr. Jenner willingly posted his story here on an open forum and as such, every member of this forum who agrees to the rules is allowed to state their opinion as you have.

From the responses herein, I do not see many posts, openly published by the HAC or it's members. Maybe they have chosen to keep their affairs in house.

carholme

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bullet Remington
BuletRemington;

Reading through the various posts in this thread, I do not see anybody attacking Mr. Jenner as a person. He opted to promote his story on this anonymous forum using his own name and understanding the anonymity which is the rule here. By posting his story we have to presume that he was expecting responses from those anonymous members.

The main points of his story are the illegality of the moose meat procured with illegal use of a helicopter and secondly his dismissal from his post at HAC.

The issue of the illegal moose meat is simply that, he was caught and charged.

The issue of his dismissal is entirely a matter for the members of HAC to deal with but he was the President of the HAC and rather than keep this as a matter for HAC, he has chosen to take their affairs and discuss them on a public forum. Many of us know Mr. Jenner from the time he started in this business and have followed his career with HAC, an illustrious career, I am sure.

You seem to be suggesting that you would stick up for your friend as I am sure many of us have done over the years. Sticking up for a friend is a lot different than accepting a hefty financial loss for someone who was knowingly breaking the law.

Are you suggesting that if one of your friends or the operator you work for, knowingly broke the law using one of his helicopters, that you would be standing in line to admit guilt for something which you say you had nothing to do with and accepting a fine just to get him off the hook? I rather doubt it but that is your choice.

Again, Mr. Jenner willingly posted his story here on an open forum and as such, every member of this forum who agrees to the rules is allowed to state their opinion as you have.

From the responses herein, I do not see many posts, openly published by the HAC or it's members. Maybe they have chosen to keep their affairs in house.

carholme

Wow, carholme:

I'm gonna have to go take another English course!! I went back again and re-read all the postings and appearantly you're seeing the printed word in a different context then I!

you don't see a personal attack?? How about somebody calling you a liar as was done in a couple of posts herein? Brian Jenner was told he committed perjury. We all know or should know that lying to a court is perjury. So he's been called a liar! That, Sir in my wonky little world is a personal attack!

In that Brian DIDN'T go to court, instead he entered a plea pf gulity in asbesentia, he DID not commit perjury. Clear as mud!

You stated that he was caught with illegal moose meat and charged. he said he didn't have any, helped load it in the aircraft only (paraphrasing that line) So FROm my perspective, he is guilty by association only!

As for Sticking up for a friend and suffering a hefty loss, you've never done that? As for me standing in line to admit guilty for an operator or friend, an operator NO! They didn't pay me enough! As for a friend, **** yes! Admit guilt? No I wouldn't. But having said that, it still would not stop the authority from charging me with whatever infraction of whatever provinicval/federal act/law they wanted. The old expression of Ïnnocent until proven guilty"is utter hog wash in this country. You are in fact, guilty until proven innocent! Otherwise, the charges wouldn't be levied against anybody UNTIL the law had indisputable proof.

I've pleaded guilty to having a bottle of open Scotch in a Truck without ever going to court. (Among other things!) I don't own a truck, nor do I drink that Scotish pee water called Scotch. That in it's self does NOT constitute perjury, nor does it necessarily mean that I am in fact guilty! It simply means that I couldn't be bothered to play that foolish legal game AND that my friend who owned the truck, needed his license AND the truck to provide for his family! Mis guided loyaliy?/ perhaps! But to this date that same friend will drive 8 hours to help me out! Like this morning! I called him in Fort macMurray at 04:30 after the ambulance took my wife back to the hospital with a heart attack! he and his family are already on there way here to help me with my young fella! Misguided, no, I don't think so!

And as for HAC posting a rebuttal here, anybody who's expecting that is blowing smoke (hopefully the legal kind) out of their butts. HAC has a **** of alot more to lose the Brian Jenner has. They (HAC) and the courts have already taken that!

The unfortunate thing about the reaction here is: sooner or later (preferably later) one of us warped fools (JUST GENERALIZING!!) that post here, will be in deep doggie doo doo, over something to do with an operator and/or company. the posts here sure does make me wonder just how much support, understanding and constructive communication will happen when it does. OR will it resort to derogatory statements and selected Bible quotes to suit the individual poster/s?

Someone made a statement concerning mr jenner upholding the ethics and the morals of the helicopter industry. Per chance one of the more knowledgeable members of this site can instill that wise wisdom on me. I've been around this racket longer then my wife and I still have no idea what those morals and ethics are at any given time. Based upon what I've seen it's a stomp on the weak and eat them while they're down approach!

But hey, maybe its just me! :unsure:

Don't want to hijack this thread, but since you ask:

Just curious, is HEPAC gaining ground? Beyond A few people who attach their logo along with their posts, I'm still asking who & what exactly is HEPAC? I've asked before but still have not received a clear answer.

HEPAC will be making some major announcements in the very near future (we're talking within the next few weeks here). I wish I could say more, but that could jeopardise some negotiations that are under way. Membership has grown steadily over the past months, and planning is under way for our first annual meeting. Many of those working behind the scenes (such as myself) prefer to remain discreet. That will change in time. As for what HEPAC is, read the info on the Website. There are no secrets. Everything we're working towards is as stated in our mission objectives. What HEPAC will be in the future depends to a great extent in what it's members will decide as we move forward. The only thing I can tell you with certitude is that it will not (cannot) become a trade union, as some seem to still fear...

And Skidz, after all your "read the forum rules....." warnings, to just about everyone on this site don't you think you're just a little off side on this one. Exactly who's interest's are you promoting now, Mr. Moderator?

Have I broken any rules here ? Where does it say in the forum rules that moderators can't have opinions and participate in the debate ? Have I slagged anyone ?

The only thing I know I'm guilty of is being an opiniated, loudmouthed S.O.B. :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Angry Egg Driver
The only thing I know I'm guilty of is being an opiniated, loudmouthed S.O.B. :lol::lol::lol:

Finally something we agree upon! :lol: :lol:

Ahh Bizzo you still crack me up buddy......

BR;

With reference to Mr. Jenner and lying or perjury, choose whatever you wish. Here is a quote from his story if you choose to read it.

"As for rumours of greater involvement on my part, I would point out that were I guilty of anything else, I would most certainly have been prosecuted for it and the results reported along with the possession charge for which I allowed a guilty plea to be entered."

He did not state at that time that it was not a guilty plea entered in court. Therefore, if it was not a court of law and a plea under oath, then he is guilty of lying, as he said that he had nothing to do with it, yet lied to support his friend. I also find it hard to believe that if he was voicing his displeasure about the illegal use of the helicopter, that the undercover officers did nothing to support him. Presumably they were smart enough to catch the bad guys, they would have been smart enough to realize that Mr. Jenner was strongly against these actions.

I am offering an opinion against what he himself wrote, if you have a differing opinion, that is quite fine.

carholme

The possesion charge stems from having handled the meat while in camp. As I stated earlier in this thread my wife won't have moose meaat anywhere near our place. So no I did not accept any of the meat.

When my older brother was 15 he was charged with posession of marijuana. To this day my Mother refuses to forgive his "friend" that made him hold his "marijuana cigarette".

Bill Clinton smoked but did not inhale... nor did he have relations with that woman... Monica Lewinsky...

Brian Mulroney has now admitted to accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars from that German fellow for marketing those APC's, and that he didn't pay any tax on the funds for several years... until it looked like somebody was close to finding out...

Nobody's perfect, like Eliott Spitzer appeared to be...

However:

Frankly, I find it absolutely incomprehensible that a charge of posession can arise from helping somebody load moose meat. It couldn't possibly stand up in court... no way...

The fact is that I have been told by people in the know that Mr. Jenner did a great job as President of the HAC.

But, when things go south as far as they've gone, the best thing to do is to bow out gracefully.

Caesar's wife must be above suspicion.

HV

P.S. There still is no law against "Moose Fishing" as far as I know...:)