The Truth About Brian Jenner's Dismissal

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest who's yer daddy

Just a quick aside. Back to the statue pictures.

I give the Bison statue a 5 out of 5.

I give the moose a 7out of 7.

The moose wins - again!

I love that Future Shop commercial.

Brian,

Randy was a fine man, and a friend to many people.

His death was a real tragedy.

I am disappointed, but no longer surprised, that you would drag his fine name into this debate in your grab for sympathy and support.

How low will you go?

I say again I do not seek nor do I desire anyone's sympathy. You guys have complained and derided me for not reacting to you comments and barbes. Now I can. Now I have. And now you are still not happy.

A question that underlies all of this, for Mr. Jenner and those on the Board of Directors; what is the expected ethical code of conduct for those persons vested with the authority & responsibility to speak and act on behalf of HAC?

I believe that the greater the authority the more stringent the expectation. After reading Mr. Jenner's account I believe he did make a serious mistake in how he handled the moose hunting issue. Mr. Jenner's conviction of being associated with the illegal use of a helicopter undoubtedly seriously injured his credibility as President. For persons operating at this level, the issue is far beyond simple apologies and forgiveness.

In a previous post "vortex" made the point - "My belief is that when the board is threatened with six of the major corporate sponsors (Bell, Eurocopter, Marsh, Standard Aero etc.) in writing collectively, pulling their sponsorships because their ethics departments do not want any association with the present leadership, the board has no choice but to react."

What also needs to be questioned is why the Board of Directors did not immediately understand and act on this ethical consideration without having to be "instructed" as to what is appropriate by their corporate sponsors. The Directors also need to be held accountable and to the same standard they eventually held Mr. Jenner. This appears to be a missing element.

I would have expected a President/CEO, finding himself in this position with his credibility so seriously compromised, to have immediately tendered his resignation to the Board. Now, I would also expect any Director who had knowledge of this and didn't act appropriately to tender their resignation.

Just how it looks from my corner....

I figured Mr. Jenner would tell his side of the story when permitted to do so; not an easy task in a public forum such as this. It's nice to see that things are staying relatively civil for a change. :P For what it's worth, I agree with Helicopper, Bullet, Albert Ross, to name a few. And if justice has not been served to its full extent yet, then d*mn the torpedoes and full speed ahead. :blur: Hoping all will find/take the higher ground. (And I ain't talking about that "Ivory Tower" thingy; as cush as it sounds, it ain't all it's cracked up to be.) ;) On you go!

Although for three days I was unable to leave the camp, I thought I had remained sufficiently removed from the illicit activities to avoid being implicated. Unfortunately in the fall of 2007, when the hunters pleaded guilty, their kills became illicit and I discovered that technically I was probably guilty of possession of contraband moose meat.

Hello Brian,

Not trying to play attorney here but just need a little clarification.

Did you ask to leave the camp once you saw there was illegal activity?

You say that you were found technically quilty of possesion of contraband moose meat....prior to or after leavig the camp did you accept moose meat from the violators? Did you have the meat in your possession?

I undersatnd from your statement that there were undercover officers at the lodge and you obviously where not aware of this but did you at anytime over the three day period try or attempt to contact or report the illegal activities to the proper authorities?

regards

Hello Brian,

Not trying to play attorney here but just need a little clarification.

Did you ask to leave the camp once you saw there was illegal activity?

You say that you were found technically quilty of possesion of contraband moose meat....prior to or after leavig the camp did you accept moose meat from the violators? Did you have the meat in your possession?

I undersatnd from your statement that there were undercover officers at the lodge and you obviously where not aware of this but did you at anytime over the three day period try or attempt to contact or report the illegal activities to the proper authorities?

regards

You're not the first to ask the questions.

No I didn't ask to leave the camp. We were 250 miles into the bush.

The possesion charge stems from having handled the meat while in camp. As I stated earlier in this thread my wife won't have moose meaat anywhere near our place. So no I did not accept any of the meat.

I did not attemp to report the iligale activity.

Everyone is entitled to disagree with my judgement on the subject. To each his own. Just remember it is easy to make the right decisions after the fact. And remember this was not criminal activity.

So........ If it wasn't criminal activity what were the charges then? Did everyone in camp get charged then (for handling the meat?) or just some people? If not then why not? I seem to be missing something here?

Brian, I don't know if you're guilty or not, but the "whole" story doesn't seem to be here, and that is your privilige, but as I stated earlier, at the time you were in "public office" when this happened and as such you needed to always remain beyond reproach.........

Randy and I were good friends and worked together for many, many years. He went back flying because he loved to fly.........

R...

You're not the first to ask the questions.

No I didn't ask to leave the camp. We were 250 miles into the bush.

The possesion charge stems from having handled the meat while in camp. As I stated earlier in this thread my wife won't have moose meaat anywhere near our place. So no I did not accept any of the meat.

I did not attemp to report the iligale activity.

Everyone is entitled to disagree with my judgement on the subject. To each his own. Just remember it is easy to make the right decisions after the fact. And remember this was not criminal activity.

So........ If it wasn't criminal activity what were the charges then? Did everyone in camp get charged then (for handling the meat?) or just some people? If not then why not? I seem to be missing something here?

Brian, I don't know if you're guilty or not, but the "whole" story doesn't seem to be here, and that is your privilige, but as I stated earlier, at the time you were in "public office" when this happened and as such you needed to always remain beyond reproach.........

Randy and I were good friends and worked together for many, many years. He went back flying because he loved to fly.........

R...

I believe there were about 12 people charged altogether. It wasn't criminal because it was a vialion of the Fishing and hunting act. technically charges therefore carry the same weight as a violation of the CARs or a traffic ticket.

I was technically guilty and if there were more to the story the game wardens would have laid more charges and the news papers told you all about it.

Randy was a friend of mine also. Please don't read anything into my comment other than a gauche attemp at saying I consider myself too old to go back to flying, after a 25 year hiatous.

(If I spelled "hiatous" I would ask everyone to keep it to themselves.)