The Truth About Brian Jenner's Dismissal

:lol::lol::lol: Nice to see you haven't lost your sense of humour...yet...

Unfortunately, I'm in the bush working (freezing my butt actually)...

Are you planning on attending ? Man ! What a fireworks display that'd be !!! :lol:

If there is a show at the convention I won't be the star. I won't be there because it's not up to me to decide the future of HAC it's up to the membership.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for me to jump in for abit.

Brian, just a couple of questions.

One, if the cops knew about this operation, to the extent that they could organize a sting operation with undercover agents, I am assuming this illegal activity had been going on for several years. Can you honestly say, that you did not have any previous knowledge, whether it be rumors, or hard proof, of this illegal activity prior to your departure, knowing that you have known the owner of this a/c for 25 years.

Two, do you beleive that by accepting the guilty plea, you did the morally right thing, in trying to acheive the release of this operators a/c.

Three, do you beleive that this infraction is so minor in nature, that having his a/c confiscated was too steep a price.

Personally, I ask these questions, because I beleive this activity must have been going on for years, and that the cops finally had to try and stop it, and that in all likely hood, you must have had some suspicions, and therefore should not have even been anywhere near there.

I also think that you have missed the whole point of this whole expierence, that what was going on was wrong, and that you have not reconignized the seriousness of the offence, and that you yourself seemed to want to laugh it off.

Finally, I can not understand why you would feel any responsability towards this operator, and try in any way to get his a/c released from impound. He broke the law, and he should pay the price, and he knew proir to breaking the law what the price may be.

In all, it sounds very much like a bunch a cronies going out for a good time, broke the law, and are now crying about the harsh consequences.

Losing your job is harsh, but your in a position where trust, honesty, transparency, and a firm commitment to follow the law is paramount.

You let down your guard, and you got bit in the backside, now it,s time to take your lumps.

Huh ?

Since when have we, humble pilots and engineers, had a vote in what this industry does ? You need to convince owners, not us.

Funny how HAC is in dissarray just as HEPAC is gaining ground and credibility.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall at the upcoming HAC convention...

Thats twice you have thrown in your little HEPAC vs HAC quips.

Not interested :)

Time for me to jump in for abit.

Brian, just a couple of questions.

One, if the cops knew about this operation, to the extent that they could organize a sting operation with undercover agents, I am assuming this illegal activity had been going on for several years. Can you honestly say, that you did not have any previous knowledge, whether it be rumors, or hard proof, of this illegal activity prior to your departure, knowing that you have known the owner of this a/c for 25 years.

Two, do you beleive that by accepting the guilty plea, you did the morally right thing, in trying to acheive the release of this operators a/c.

Three, do you beleive that this infraction is so minor in nature, that having his a/c confiscated was too steep a price.

Personally, I ask these questions, because I beleive this activity must have been going on for years, and that the cops finally had to try and stop it, and that in all likely hood, 1) Although I have no knowledge of what went on before I went there, your first assumption seems reasonable to me also.

1) Your assumption that I must have had some suspicions, and therefore should not have even been anywhere near there is gratuitous. Although I brought André into the business I hadn't seen him for at least 20 years before he was elected to the HAC Board. And I had no idea what was going in his partner's hunting camp.

2) I did what I my conscience allowed me to do in a situation you see as black and white but which was actually quite complex.

3) I beleive that confiscating the aircraft goes against the charter of rights that stipulates that evryone is entitled to equal treatment under the law. Confiscating an aircraft is in my opinion outrageous over kill for an offence of that nature.

Your opinion as to me having missed the whole point of this whole expierence and that I seemed to want to laugh it off is as far from reality as you can get. Other laughed about it but I always took it seriously and given the price I have paid I can assure you I still take it seriously.

While you can't understand why you would feel any responsability towards this operator, and try in any way to get his a/c released from impound. I do. He was and remains my friend and to boot he was one of my bosses. And confiscating the helicopter remains in my opinion an outrageously exagerated punishment.

It is your right to believe my destitution is fair punishment it is my right to disagree and to defend my opinion.

Thanks for your reply Brian.

I guess, one of the things I can,t understand is obviously this activity had been going on for some years, and yet, you feel you have to defend someone who repeadily, knowingly broke the law, my assumption.

Secondly, here in B.C., it is common knowledge that if you commit an offence, and while committing that offence, your using a boat, quad, helicopter, or car, that vehicle is subject to impound,and even some cases, forfeture to the Crown for disposal, and the procedes to be used in the prevention of crime.

What I am getting at is, here, it,s quite common to loose you boat, should you be caught fishing illegally, loose your truck, should you be caught hunting out of season type of thing.

I don,t know the laws over there, but I am sure they are close to the same, so how can you claim that the forfeture of this guys a/c is a Charter of Rights issue.

I think that your still not admitting to the seriousnes of the crime, and also to the fact that your view of the crime is that in fact, it was not really a crime.

And that may be the whole issue, your point of view of this crime, is such, that you just do not see how alot of other people view this, as a serious breach of ethics.

I am not slamming you, because it could of been most anyone of us, wrong place at the wrong time kind of thing, but I think it,s your lack of remorse towards this operator, and his crime, that may be whats sinking your ship.

Enough said by me,

Best of luck in the future!

It is terribly unfortunate for the helicopter industry in Canada that things have gotten to this point.

Like him or not, Mr. Jenner has been a representative voice when it comes to lobbying Transport Canada and other government agencies on behalf of the Canadian helicopter industry.

Unfortunately I suspect that his participation, and subsequent charges, in this enterprise has cast serious doubt on his credibility with regard to future efforts as a lobbiest on behalf of the Canadian helicopter industry. As this appears to be one of the functions of the President of the HAC, I suspect that this may be one of the reasons the HAC directorship elected to dismis him. That being the case, I think that they had no choice. Just my 2 cents worth.

47G