Places In Canada To Avoid!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flying under the radar these days.. Its JW here! But when I saw this topic, I had to break my own rules.

By far the worst province is Saskatchewan forestry, with Ontario forestry running a close second. No complaints about crappy camps.. it comes with the job..But the people running them are my concern.

So Saskatchewan wins the booby prize for forestry dudes who are dedicated to picking the flyshiit out of the pepper and writing up a pilot for just about anything from a bad joke to actually telling the pilot how to do his or her job. I am almost certain that they take a course on how to write reports. Somewhere in the provincial protocol there must be something about getting promoted based on the most crap you can make up in a season. It very frightening!! :rolleyes:

Watch you back gents! :shock:

The long and hard fact is that there are many good people that simply refuse to work in these places, because you have to wear an armour plated vest.

I will stop now before I get mad!

Cheers all.

Flying under the radar these days.. Its JW here! But when I saw this topic, I had to break my own rules.

By far the worst province is Saskatchewan forestry, with Ontario forestry running a close second. No complaints about crappy camps.. it comes with the job..But the people running them are my concern.

So Saskatchewan wins the booby prize for forestry dudes who are dedicated to picking the flyshiit out of the pepper and writing up a pilot for just about anything from a bad joke to actually telling the pilot how to do his or her job. I am almost certain that they take a course on how to write reports. Somewhere in the provincial protocol there must be something about getting promoted based on the most crap you can make up in a season. It very frightening!! :rolleyes:

Watch you back gents! :shock:

The long and hard fact is that there are many good people that simply refuse to work in these places, because you have to wear an armour plated vest.

I will stop now before I get mad!

Cheers all.

Wow - must be a story behind this! On second thought I'm not sure i want to hear it. :shock:

I always found NWT, MB and SK treated you the best. ON very inconsistent and you didn't want to work in AB unless you were working for an AB company. But that was the eighties and nineties.....

This one for our crews, luckily I never made it there. Mc...ld's Camp north of Nakina Ontario,,they could write a book about it, and the Abitibi fellas are still there,,,,they deserve a medal or a free labotomy, but were great to work beside. 40 plus with one shower that was cleaned around 98 or so. Rats and mice in kitchen....oh man.

I wouldn't recommend any of these places...unless of course they were on Fire

Indian Cabins, Alberta

Hamburg, Alberta

Steen River, Alberta

Sasquatch Crossing, BC

Wabasca, Alberta

Red Earth Creek, Alberta

Conklin, Alberta

Onion Lake, Sask

Wandering river, Alberta

Geraldton, Ontario...some serious banjo playing going on there!

Whew!! Made the little hairs on my neck stand up! :lol:

Max

This one for our crews, luckily I never made it there. Mc...ld's Camp north of Nakina Ontario,,they could write a book about it, and the Abitibi fellas are still there,,,,they deserve a medal or a free labotomy, but were great to work beside. 40 plus with one shower that was cleaned around 98 or so. Rats and mice in kitchen....oh man.

You would need shower sandals with extra thick soles to stand above all the bag juice destined for the drain. H

I will agree with everyone on here as I have been at everyplace that has been mentioned...what a lovely country we have to explore...ok who's going to start the best places you have been to...yeah I know its pretty hard to remember the good ones...I will start...hecla resort in manitoba...use to stay there with mts...the lamb was fabulous...pottsy :rolleyes:

Great place:

Tuk by the Sea, (Tuktoyaktuk) back in the Dome days. Large heated hangar, beyond fantastic food, 2 per room, JACUZZI, 2 racket ball courts, 2 and 2 tours, plus day shift & night shift. Too good to last forever :(

not good place:

Pan Arctic's Rae Point on Melville Island NWT back in the 70s :shock:

Laloshe Sask.

Followed by Rankin inlet

Followed by Puckatawagan Man.

Followed by Chetwynd B.C.

Max

Good call. There is no way that Chetwynd should have it's crappiness overlooked. I'd like to throw in: Inuvik,NT, Uranium City, Sask, Caramat, Ont. ....this list is getting big. :mellow: