Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Places In Canada To Avoid!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Grand rapids, killed 18 mice a day for a month, only 18 because I had 6 traps and set them 3 times a day. :huh:

Edra tower, mud, bugs, more mud, even more bugs. :down:

Then there was this fire camp, 20 min south of ft smith, but AFS thought I should share a dirt floor tent with 10 fire fighters, the boys set up a tripod over the fire with a grill, I stopped for a bottle of water and saw these awesome looking pork chops and a roaring fire. Nice BBQ! Shut down for the night, walked over to the camp and saw a pot of boiling pork sitting on a grill over the open fire, gross, ate 4 small boxes of fruitloops for dinner instead. :blink:

Knee Lk, both on the worst list and the best list. 2 month contract, first month in a pup tent. no shower,no problem except there was still ice floating around the lake, crazy cook fed us canned stew every other night. After a month company sent up a pilot egineer for a week to do an inspection and give me a few days off. the customer worked with the guy the previous year and didn't want him in camp so they set him up at the 5 star resort at the other side of the lake, I was like what the f&*k, you like me so I sleep on the sand, you don't like him so he's eating prime rib??? I guilted them into setting me up there for the last 3 weeks, shared a trailer with a 5 ft blond beaver pilot and didn't get much sleep. That french girl shure knew how to make that beaver fly. Now that what I call a benifit package. :P

rob

Little Grand rapids, killed 18 mice a day for a month, only 18 because I had 6 traps and set them 3 times a day.

Betcha I know who you used to work for!

Let me know if you used to work outta CYAX! I'll be going there around may 1st, but we have a Weasel in the shack now, so there are no mice...

Split

Law on your side! Hardly!

If you complain? You are fired! If you try to Sue, better be very rich! but then again if you are that rich there is somebody else flying the helicopter, and Who cares.

You could make a CAIRS compliant, but that will do nothing to protect your job after you have complained. The practical realitity is that there is absoutely nothing you can do!No to mention the company will eventually find out who complained becuse the big mouths at TC will eventually slip the word out.

So just grin and bear it or be culled!

Just Ask CTD its all smoke and mirrors sounds nice on paper but as an emplee you have llittle to NO protection.

Well you could take it to the labour board, but they will pass the buck and tell you the have no mandate for such a thing.

Sorry Split, totally disagree

At will employment, only solution... well if I had the answer to that ... and god forbid you use the U word!

Anyway.....

Law on your side! Hardly!

If you complain? You are fired! If you try to Sue, better be very rich! but then again if you are that rich there is somebody else flying the helicopter, and Who cares.

Better find someone else to work for..., you are at the wrong company.

I can relate to the incident at Puk....... Wasn't that place a joy at the best of times!!!!!!!

I forgot about Jenpeg; it was great when we still in the "tent frames" down on the lake (like a tourist camp :rolleyes::rolleyes: )but when they moved us all up to the ATCO trailer camp it kinda went down hill real fast!

R...

hey cambox...gods lake was one of the best as was the hydro camp at kelsey...never did much time at jenpeg except during freeze up...