Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Best Places To Work In Canada

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Makkovik, on the Labrador coast.

Decent accommodations, great food, great folks there. And plus I flew my a$$ off on that gig... :up:

My how things have changed, the night I spent there were 21 people staying at Susie Anderson's house. One person ended up sleeping on the pool table, and as for food :down:

The "honey" bucket behind the curtain in the kitchen was a added touch. :shock:

My how things have changed, the night I spent there were 21 people staying at Susie Anderson's house. One person ended up sleeping on the pool table, and as for food :down:

The "honey" bucket behind the curtain in the kitchen was a added touch. :shock:

Must've been a long time ago. Check this out:

http://www.labradorabletours.com

Actually, we did get tired of eating Cariboo burgers, spagetti w/ bear meat sauce, fresh arctic char, crab, Atlantic salmon, etc. every day. First thing we did when we got back to Goose was go grab a burger at the A&W... :rolleyes:

Whitehorse YT, stay at the Chalet, walk down the hill to the airport, take a cab to the Kopper King or downtown. Also a short ride to the hot springs. Too much fun as everyone acts like it's a frontier even thou Vancouver or Edmonton were a short jet ride away.

GW

Well, as usual am confused, best places to work or hang around and watch weather.

Best place to mill around and be looked after, probably a toss up between Tyax Lodge, Bell II Lodge or Muncho Lodge. But lots of weather days.

Best place to get some work done and good accomodations,,,Cowichan Bay or Grand Forks BC. Enjoyed Rio Vista, California too.

Waskesiew Lake in Saskatchewan was a nice break.

Lake Abraham, just west of Nordegg, Alberta.

I got 'stuck' in Penticton for 4 months as an apprentice, at the Best Western after 'Uncle Jimmie' sent me there and forgot about me. I was 20, and in no rush to remind him.

Did a two week job in Kinkardine, Ontario once, 4 hour mins, did not turn a blade...

Up at 6, show up at airport, told:"nah, won't need ya today" and off to the golfcourse for the day... Terrible job. Met lotsa nice people there too, Campbell had 2 205's, Yellowhead a 204 and a 205, we had a 206B, 206L and a 300C, two other 206'es ( day and another), Ultra with a 204.

A couple of blades turned, but mostly just golf. Hydro one were on strike, and Bruce Power were afraid of picketing of the nuke powerplant.

Another nice place, Quetico center, 2 weeks on fires, 6-7 hours a day, until the machine went T/U and Air Canada decided to send the replacement parts via TRUCK from BC...

Will second God's Lake in Northern Manitoba as well, stellar fishing, and excellent "camp" (6 people cabin for me and an engineer.)

Tadoule lake, staying at the Nursing station residence, while the rest of the town were in Brandon. again lots of flying, fun in a 206! We got to take care of our own food! Perogies and steaks on the nursing stations unused BBQ...