K-flex Drive Shaft...

I've seen a couple now.... in a word, great idea. No grease, no hassle until you have to remove one. It takes special tools, nothing hard to fabricate, but you better have one before you need it.

Also, if it installed on an aircraft with vortex-generator type particle separator, major PITA.

I think they should be a mandatory mod for reasons of safety and lower maintenance costs. JMHO, But they are not cheap. And need to be sent back to the factory for inspection at some very long interval (hours flown).

I've seen a couple now.... in a word, great idea. No grease, no hassle until you have to remove one. It takes special tools, nothing hard to fabricate, but you better have one before you need it.

Also, if it installed on an aircraft with vortex-generator type particle separator, major PITA.

I think they should be a mandatory mod for reasons of safety and lower maintenance costs. JMHO, But they are not cheap. And need to be sent back to the factory for inspection at some very long interval (hours flown).

Also, they hate to be scratched. Some have scratch limits as low as 0.001".

You must use the tools they call for. They also don't like flexing too much as strange as that might sound. In otherwords, that's why the 222 still uses greased driveshafts.

And yes, they are expensive.

Thanks Guys

The opinions are appreciated but I'm trying to get a bigger pool of opinion. I don't wanna go into all the detail but if a few more people 'in the know' could comment it would be great....And specifically say for or against it would help...

If I say X against, and Y for.... . And he (Boss) asks how big was the group I sampled, and I say 3...He's gonna laugh me to a place that starts with prince or fort and that's not the plan...Help me out if you can.

Thanks...Rog

Don't know about mediums, but we have a few on our 206 fleet.

We like them because it eliminates the regular (annual) greasing, and there's very little to go wrong on them.

Also on the 206, you can remove/install without the special tool. There's enough flex/movement to allow that quite easly.

Don't know about mediums, but we have a few on our 206 fleet.

We like them because it eliminates the regular (annual) greasing, and there's very little to go wrong on them.

Also on the 206, you can remove/install without the special tool. There's enough flex/movement to allow that quite easly.

Try that little manouver on a 206 if it has a rotor-brake.... what a nightmare. Luckily not many 206's have rotor brakes.