Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ctd's Training Pays Off

just a short note to say that after getting some training on a visit to yow lastyear with CTD, the training has paided off and the gang at my house agree that CTD recipe for ribs is the best. Had them for new years eve supper and after two day of getting them ready, 50.00 dollars of baby back ribs from costco where gone in under 10 min. give the recipe a try, well worth the time and money.

ctd could not attached a snap for all to see.

have a great new year

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ya, good call.

Did the ribs (beef) CTD style and it went over big. Used 20 liters of coke. Had the cops show up at the door after saying on a cordless phone that I was "boiling down the coke"

I did 'em for Sunday nite family supper and once again they were a real hit. My sister in law is 9mths prego and you would have thought that she was having quads the way she woofed em down. :D

Made 25lbs and they were all gone except for 1 rack which, last nite the wife made hot sandwichs with homemade fries.........not much colesterol :o

4961, is that just a seasoning or are you using a dry rub?

Cheers

R

Everytime I've made ribs A La CTD, I've kept my fingers well away from the serving plate !!! Everyone who's had them says they are the best Darn ribs they've ever had. Even the next day they are great !!!

For a rub, I've experimented with Char Crusts from BBQ's Galore. Both that I've tried were really good.

Here's a question for all of you who've done ribs the CTD way. When you make your bbq sauce, what do you add to it (other than the juicy goodness that comes from the roasting pan) ??

I add:

• brown sugar
  • a little Cattle Boy'z bbq sauce to add some zing
  • a hint of salt
This makes for a sweet sauce, and is nice if you use a spicy rub. It will ease the heat, but allows the flavour to come through.

Cheers

Big G,

I take the left overs of my dry rub and add REAL Canadian Maple Syrup, Ketchup and/or BBQ sauce. The dry rub is more like a paste than a seasoning.

The Maple Syrup did it for everyone on Sunday.........a Hot kinda Sweet BBQ sauce.

R

Sorry dude, I didn't see your post. I can send you my Rub Recipe is you want it.

R

Edited by Rosco

Glad you guys liked them!!

Hey LongRanger, T5 and Flinger, maybe we could do some ribs for the 'retreat' next weekend????

Hightower called today to inform me he'll be showing up for another lesson in March. Hurry up, buddy.

I'll post the pics of his 'rib night' tomorrow....

Cheers,

BV