Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ctd's Training Pays Off

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, but he won't be riding there in a helicopter, he'll be co-pilot in the Volvo. If I can just keep him from playing with the buttons and farting for four hours, everything will be fine. :D

Hightower's pics....

Here he is at the BBQ...

Nice pixs Dude, looks very yummie.

G & 4961.....try this one. It's good for about 25-30lbs of ribs.

1 Cup Light brown sugar, packed

1 Cup White vinegar

1/2 Cup Seasoned salt

1/2 Cup Onion powder

1/2 Cup Paprika

4 Tablespoons Pepper

4 Tablespoons Chile powder

4 Tablespoons Dry mustard

2 Teaspoon Poultry seasoning

2 Teaspoon Thyme

2 Teaspoon Tarragon

2 Teaspoon Ginger

1 Teaspoon Allspice

1 Tablespoon Hy's Montreal Steak spice

15 Drops of Tobasco Sauce

Rub on ribs after marinading and wrap in airtight container (plastic bag) and place in fridge for 24 hours then cook 'em up.

Add 1/2 cup of Pure Maple Syrup and Ketchup/BBQ sauce to remaining rub to make a BBQ sauce. I usually only add the Maple Syrup as the rub is pretty good as it is. Ketchup/BBQ sauce works good for thinning the rub a little into a sauce.

Enjoy

R

Here's a question for all of you who've done ribs the CTD way.  When you make your bbq sauce, what do you add to it (other than the juicy goodness that comes from the roasting pan) ??

I add:

• brown sugar

• a little Cattle Boy'z bbq sauce to add some zing

• a hint of salt
This makes for a sweet sauce, and is nice if you use a spicy rub.  It will ease the heat, but allows the flavour to come through. 

Cheers

Randy,

I don't usually add BBQ sauce becasue the rub usually adds enough flavour to the drippings. I do use brown sugar and add ketchup to thicken. Sometimes a hint of mustard as well.

Getting hungry here...

Rosco - your rub looks ymca.gif.

chef.gif