Bell Factory Training

Amphibious

I have a chance to attend the Bell Factory Training for the 206. when i was flying in the states this was a big deal as when completed it knocked down the pilots insurance rates big time. a few of the guys I flew with had attended and gave it glowing recomendations (of course their police departments paid the bill...)

Same hold true in canada? any of the higher-ups around here want to fill me in? 250hr pilot, can use all the help I can get ;)

If you have a chance to attend Bell factory training and it is paid for you would be foolish not to go.

I think he was asking if it would be beneficial for him to pay for it to add to his resume. The long and short answer to that is....NO...unless of course you have deep pockets and money to burn then by all means.....****, if its burning a whole in your pocket, I wouldnt mind taggin along! :lol:

If you are like most of us and have other things to spend that kind of money on...save it and look at other options.

I have a chance to attend the Bell Factory Training for the 206. when i was flying in the states this was a big deal as when completed it knocked down the pilots insurance rates big time. a few of the guys I flew with had attended and gave it glowing recomendations (of course their police departments paid the bill...)

Same hold true in canada? any of the higher-ups around here want to fill me in? 250hr pilot, can use all the help I can get ;)

Havn't quite figured out where you are coming from. A Bell course is manufacturers course. That being said, I could teach you the same thing, except I'm expired, no licence.

To answer your question in reality, the insurance companies have to be brought into 2008.

The question is, HOW MANY INSURANCE BROKERS are Helicopter Pilots??????

Oh! By the way I am married to a Certified Risk Manager/Broker.

The whole purpose of this response on my part was to try and wake the Industry up to the fact that you are being screwed by sellers of Life Insurance, not Helicopter Insurance.

IMHO, Don

PS: Care to voice your opinion, by that, I mean people who know what they are talking about.

it would be nice to know who you folks are, makes your opinions hold a little more water.

And you are...??

There is a reason why some do and some don't. After you have been around for awhile, you too may come know who we are...

And then you WILL know who's opinions hold water or not.

And you are...??

There is a reason why some do and some don't. After you have been around for awhile, you too may come know who we are...

And then you WILL know who's opinions hold water or not.

just a low time pilot looking for info. but a internet handle on a random forum doesn't back up the experience behind a response. you never know who's behind the name.

ok...... interesting responses....

it would be nice to know who you folks are, makes your opinions hold a little more water.

these forums are quite the low timer circle jerk ;)

The simple fact was the OP was asking if he should take it upon himself to try to attend a Bell factory course to improve his resume.

I was not aware there was an hour requirement to post an opinion.

We will be sure to check with you first next time! :lol:

WW

The simple fact was the OP was asking if he should take it upon himself to try to attend a Bell factory course to improve his resume.

I was not aware there was an hour requirement to post an opinion.

We will be sure to check with you first next time! :lol:

WW

HAHAHA disregard...

I just realised the guy slaggin people for offering an opinion on a question asked...is the same guy who asked the question LOL

Too early in the morning for that silliness!