Looking For Tc A/c Identifiers

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FFC? Did you coin that one yourself and who uses that beside yourself?

I hope you don't just jump in one and go. :shock:

Older ones have a manual control, newer ones do not.

H

Ah, sorry, but that's the exact term from the AS-350 transition course manual. When I did my endorsement, my instructor corrected me every time I called it a throttle. Guess it stuck... :rolleyes:

FFC lever is standard terminology for everything but the B3 in the a-star series which as Duke points out , has been converted to the "Bell style" throttle on the collective. Heck, if I knew that it can't be new!! :lol:

I think it's probably much safer than the FFC when it comes to passengers disembarking with backpacks during a toe in.

Saves that quiet sinking feeling when the power comes off! :shock:

Max

FFC lever is standard terminology for everything but the B3 in the a-star series which as Duke points out , has been converted to the "Bell style" throttle on the collective. Heck, if I knew that it can't be new!! :lol:

I think it's probably much safer than the FFC when it comes to passengers disembarking with backpacks during a toe in.

Saves that quiet sinking feeling when the power comes off! :shock:

Max

Thank you for the clarificamation Max. As for disembarking pax on a toe-in, if I don't have the "sneeze guard" over the controls, I hold the collective with my left hand open over the FFC in such a way as to prevent a loose strap from falling on it. I also cover this in my pax briefings. I had someone break my FFC my first summer on Astars. The seat belt buckle was on the right strap and a customer dropped it right on the FFC, breaking the two "lips" off and damaging the starter switch... <_<