Hepac

I'm fairly new to the forums and was almost completely ignorant to HEPAC till this particular forum. Some questions have been answered but many still loom. From reading the HEPAC website and a little more info here, it would seem to me that this group of individuals has a good idea of what they are trying to achieve and have made a good start.

What am i missing? What is the big deal? Why all the negative critcism? Are they in competition with some other organization and if so can they tell us why they need their own site? Why are some members incognito? Can they elaborate on what their initial goals will be? Why are people not wishing them all the best in their endeavors?

Good questions.

As far as the people involved being discreet, it's simply a matter of self-preservation. Many operators out there wholeheartedly support HEPAC's objectives, others do not.

Some operators see HEPAC as some sort of union drive, some just feel that any organisation grouping pilots and engineers will give them some say in what goes on in this industry, and we can't have that now, can we... <_<

Some of those involved work for companies who's employees are currently attempting to get union accreditation, and some of them feel HEPAC would detract from that objective...go figure... <_<

Unfortunately, I think a lot of the mistrust and criticism is bred from the very fact that some people are working incognito. It's a chicken and egg thing to a certain extent.

And least important, some people will b*tch and whine no matter what you do. These are the people who never get off their a$$es to do anything if there isn't a buck in it for them, and rather than encourage the emergence of this organisation, they relish in denigrating it... :down:

Doesn't matter, I think HEPAC has enough steam built up that it will prevail. I have it on good authority HEPAC had six new members sign up yesterday alone... :up:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Bullet Remington
Doesn't matter, I think HEPAC has enough steam built up that it will prevail. I have it on good authority HEPAC had six new members sign up yesterday alone... :up:

Pffft!! Woulda had 7 if you'd resend that friggin wonky application form again!! Some ham fisted engineer tried to save it to a file on my computer and the form went AWOL!! Think maybe JW's been playin with my computer!! :rolleyes:

As for 'sittin" on my arse , huh?? Just for that snide remark, I ain't lifting a finger until I get paid, Mister!! :angry:

Sent the form to me would ya? :punk:

hmvrep@yahoo.com and I'll send back from my hard base e mail!

Oh, when ya get the money, send me a patch, a tee shirt or something else I can wear that'lll aggravate the crap outa some of these owners!! I don't give a flyinn fugg if they like it or not!! :punk: I'd even pay extra for a tee shirt or patch!! :lol:

Pffft!! Woulda had 7 if you'd resend that friggin wonky application form again!! Some ham fisted engineer tried to save it to a file on my computer and the form went AWOL!! Think maybe JW's been playin with my computer!! :rolleyes:

As for 'sittin" on my arse , huh?? Just for that snide remark, I ain't lifting a finger until I get paid, Mister!! :angry:

Sent the form to me would ya? :punk:

hmvrep@yahoo.com and I'll send back from my hard base e mail!

Oh, when ya get the money, send me a patch, a tee shirt or something else I can wear that'lll aggravate the crap outa some of these owners!! I don't give a flyinn fugg if they like it or not!! :punk: I'd even pay extra for a tee shirt or patch!! :lol:

In know you're alread a member. PM me the person's name and I'll pass on the info to the right people. I know some changes were being made yesterday that will simplify membership sign-ups...

As for the goodies, that's also being worked on... ;)

The HEPAC message boards are on the verge of going live, btw. They won't be competing with this place though. That's not the goal...

Okay, I just payed up to join HEPAC, what can happen, they'll send me to Ross River? At my age I ain't sceered o' nobody and they can't get anybody else to stay in Ross River. Well, maybe I'm scared of my wife, yup definitely her.

Anyway, who is this JWR gentleman? I ask because I wonder if he may be the fellow I met briefly on my last base when another company thought they might move in and take over. My loyal supporters reported that he was bad-mouthing me but I did not have a chance to discuss it with him because he left before I had an opportunity. Just curiosity.

If this is a thread hi-jack, just whack me upside the head and I'll go away.

Guest Bullet Remington
In know you're alread a member. PM me the person's name and I'll pass on the info to the right people. I know some changes were being made yesterday that will simplify membership sign-ups...

As for the goodies, that's also being worked on... ;)

The HEPAC message boards are on the verge of going live, btw. They won't be competing with this place though. That's not the goal...

Skidz:

Might be showing up on the membership list, but don't think you folks got any money from me. At least, I didn't see anything on the CC report.

U might want to double check and get back to me? I don't believe ya'll go paid! Hence my request that you re-send the application form.

However, after noting that yá'all accepted Splitbum, a former hairy b@g into the membership, I mayave to do some double checking to see just how low Ive lowered my association standards!! :rolleyes::lol:

BR

I think HEPAC will succeed if it does not try to get involved in any sort of Employee/employer specific issues (pay,work schedules, working conditions).

The thing that makes helicopter operations so different from other occupations is that each person who fixes or flys them is completely different from the next guy. Each professional has completely different ideals into what he should be getting payed or where/how/why he works where he does.

It will always be up to the individual to arrange his own renumeration and conditions. If an association does, It may as well be a union.

HEPAC looks like they respect that individualism in saying they will never be a union, and I think they're on the right track.

HEPAC Looks like it will be a great professional association for pilots and engineers alike representing us to government, idustry, and public.

Thats what it will be if we all join!