A Bit Of Info For Allison Maintainers

lamanated

the new starter seals have a teflon strip in the center that you shouldn't touch, you can oil the splined shaft though, you are to use a bullet to install then also. the fcu and governor can move a bit so center them before tightening so as to help tubing installation. you should bent the tubes to make sure they fit to the unit not loaded up and held down with the B nut. also use the correct torque, make sure the clamp is tight on the tube as they stop a harmonic vibration that can happen in tubes. never touch the #8 oil supply line. as you'll not get it back on correctly in the field.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the new starter seals have a teflon strip in the center that you shouldn't touch, you can oil the splined shaft though, you are to use a bullet to install then also. the fcu and governor can move a bit so center them before tightening so as to help tubing installation. you should bent the tubes to make sure they fit to the unit not loaded up and held down with the B nut. also use the correct torque, make sure the clamp is tight on the tube as they stop a harmonic vibration that can happen in tubes. never touch the #8 oil supply line. as you'll not get it back on correctly in the field.

Pretty standard stuff there. Any guy working on the 250 (or any engine) should know all that stuff like it was second nature. "Use the correct torque", "Make sure the clamp is tight"......I sure as **** hope so.

A good reminder to not forget the simple stuff.

:lol:

Pretty standard stuff there. Any guy working on the 250 (or any engine) should know all that stuff like it was second nature. "Use the correct torque", "Make sure the clamp is tight"......I sure as **** hope so.

A good reminder to not forget the simple stuff.

:lol:

Now, now, don't be nasty ame206350 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He's just trying to help out. I'm sure there are a lot of folks on this forum that didn't know the info he so kindly passed on to us. If we criticize post content that we consider should be common knowledge, then very shortly folks will not post anything for fear of being criticized. The day I stop picking up little snippets of maintenance from younger folks will be the day they are stuffing me into a pine box!!

Keep posting "laminated"!!!

Yeah....I didn't get it either. :unsure: I didn't mean to sound like an ***. I just would hope that all of us would really already know these things.

Don't forget some of us dimwit pylits read these threads too... :bye:

...and you know we needs all the help we's can git... :lol:

Yeah....I didn't get it either. :unsure: I didn't mean to sound like an ***. I just would hope that all of us would really already know these things.

A lot of greenhorns out there ame206350 and it's up to folks like you and I to pass on the knowledge to the next generation. Now, If only they would stop calling us "Old Farts". The correct term is "Elderly Flatulence"

A lot of greenhorns out there ame206350 and it's up to folks like you and I to pass on the knowledge to the next generation. Now, If only they would stop calling us "Old Farts". The correct term is "Elderly Flatulence"

Reminds me of the old joke, "what do you call an old engineer?" " anything you want, he can't hear you"