Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

A Bit Of Info For Allison Maintainers

lamanated

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of greenhorns out there ame206350 and it's up to folks like you and I to pass on the knowledge to the next generation. Now, If only they would stop calling us "Old Farts". The correct term is "Elderly Flatulence"

True enough. ;) I think it was more the source of the info.....tech rep. I'd always like to hear some cool troubleshooting tidbit but I suppose a guy with cracking fuel lines might be plenty interested to hear about the vibration set up in an improperly clamped fuel line. I guess when you've heard about most of the weird snags it's just hard to be impressed anymore unless it's really interesting. :)

Without seeing a schematic of the aircraft...

If the hook solenoid cct has no diode suppression I can guess that a spike was travelling back in the hook wiring and getting into the Tq wiring--maybe they are too close together?

Pretty friggin funny, Taco.... I like that one....can I use it with my DOM? he might not get the humour right away, but after I hang up the phone and he thinks about it awhile, he might chuckle.

P.S. anybody got some good info on 205 fire detector snags? I have a new amp coming but can't find any wiring faults. This ship had a corroded deck pluc awhile back, so I looked at that bit first.

Fire light stays on after test.... and sometimes comes on when you turn the master switch on, and will stay on after resetting the C.B. other times it won't.

In the event the amp doesn't fix it...... ??

Also, the baggage compmt doesn't make light flash either.... just steady on in all 4 positions.

I hate changing parts because I ran out of ideas. However, a quick swap of an amp might have saved me a whole lot of grief and labour today and yesterday. I just didn't have one laying around to try

Thanks for your input guys.

( maybe I should already KNOW this as some would suggest :( just teasing AME206350)

Pretty friggin funny, Taco.... I like that one....can I use it with my DOM? he might not get the humour right away, but after I hang up the phone and he thinks about it awhile, he might chuckle.

P.S. anybody got some good info on 205 fire detector snags? I have a new amp coming but can't find any wiring faults. This ship had a corroded deck pluc awhile back, so I looked at that bit first.

Fire light stays on after test.... and sometimes comes on when you turn the master switch on, and will stay on after resetting the C.B. other times it won't.

In the event the amp doesn't fix it...... ??

Also, the baggage compmt doesn't make light flash either.... just steady on in all 4 positions.

I hate changing parts because I ran out of ideas. However, a quick swap of an amp might have saved me a whole lot of grief and labour today and yesterday. I just didn't have one laying around to try

Thanks for your input guys.

( maybe I should already KNOW this as some would suggest :( just teasing AME206350)

I'm not sure if this will help you AF, but I have run into similar problems and the cure always was soak the living sh-t out of the plugs at the box on the aft left compartment with "genuine contact cleaner" Not brake cleaner. The system is working in Milli-Milli-Milli amps and will not tolerate the slightest bit of corrosion. Hope this helps Bud. As a matter of fact I would probably soak every plug even remotely associated with the system

something like the tq snag, i had this one on a L3, when you turn hydraulics on the tranny temp goes up and stays there, when you turn hyd off the tranny goes to normal temp, musta been a wire, a/c actually went away so i never ended up getting a chance to figure it out...