Whats Going On In Abby

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut up, TS. Apparently the livelihood of some folks might be or is in jeopardy, which is serious business and no joking matter. Besides, don't you have a plane to catch? ;):)

And if what Arctic-front says is true, I am truly, truly sorry for anyone who might've received such awful news at the workplace and I wish you only the best in finding work again very quickly.

life goes on :punk:

At that certain company in Abbotsford, indeed all apprentices and most full-time guys were given their walking papers This is not a rumour. I've been contacted by a bunch of them looking for job references.

Strange days indeed.

It wouldn't happen to be an overhaul outfit would it?

nope think 'yellow'

Holy... This time of year they are normally gearing up, making phone calls trying find people. (Got the call myself this time last year...) That is a shame, hope the less experienced of the crew doesn't have much trouble finding work. Granted, the more experienced shouldn't have a problem...

I had assumed the O/H outfit across the way because they have in the past taken on a lot of staff in order to get through big projects, then let them go when the work slows. Sorry for jumping to conclusions!

I wonder what would spur this? Did Mr. Banker take a hit south of the border with the sub prime crash? Or is there a sale imminent? Just curious.

Helimat

Holy... This time of year they are normally gearing up, making phone calls trying find people. (Got the call myself this time last year...) That is a shame, hope the less experienced of the crew doesn't have much trouble finding work. Granted, the more experienced shouldn't have a problem...

I had assumed the O/H outfit across the way because they have in the past taken on a lot of staff in order to get through big projects, then let them go when the work slows. Sorry for jumping to conclusions!

I wonder what would spur this? Did Mr. Banker take a hit south of the border with the sub prime crash? Or is there a sale imminent? Just curious.

Helimat

Note to Moderators.

Notice how skilled we are all becoming in not naming names. It takes three pages just to get enough clues to guess the name of the company.

My condolences to the staff at.... oh lets just say rhymes with Bramble Helicopters. Hopefully no one will have a problem finding work in todays market.