Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fast Bucket

Hey, that unit looks like it could be interesting. It folds up smaller, lighter, modular, but the coolest part is that you can adjust the capacity from the cockpit. and I guess from an engineer's perspective, no 'udder' to have to fight with ever again.

That said, I have some suspicions about that transducer being rugged enough to handle being banged around. Also, the hydraulic-ram assembly may be troublesome in use after said rough handling. Having never seen one, I will keep an open mind and hope that days of 200 lb, 350 gal, Bambi buckets are ending. And say good bye to purse-strings, recoil cables, and dump-valves that are nearly impossible to replace by yourself. Amen!

Thanks for the link, BDJ

Saw one at HAC and talked to the rep for quite a while. It's not much lighter, but does fold up into a nice package. They claim it will set on top of the big aux tank in the penalty box. That is impressive.

The top part looks rugged and built to last (hence the weight) but time will tell. Trying to get the boss to get one but no luck so far... :(

Used one,

Things i liked

-Fewer lines less tangling issues

-Load control very simple to use

-Dump valve is bomb proof plastic, think griffes buckets meets the 21 century

Things i didn't

-its bigger, heavier

-Packing into the bag is pain

-does not fit in an dart big basket, If you don't have squirrel cheeks, for get it.

-does not fold down easy

-Extra wires running into cabin for controls, 20 min install for an a-star

-Metal interlocking rods to hold bucket open. Not sure how they would survive a beaver dam.

-control head is huge. Not sure how its would survive a trip into the retardant tank.

My 2 cents

Used one,

Things i liked

-Fewer lines less tangling issues

-Load control very simple to use

-Dump valve is bomb proof plastic, think griffes buckets meets the 21 century

Things i didn't

-its bigger, heavier

-Packing into the bag is pain

-does not fit in an dart big basket, If you don't have squirrel cheeks, for get it.

-does not fold down easy

-Extra wires running into cabin for controls, 20 min install for an a-star

-Metal interlocking rods to hold bucket open. Not sure how they would survive a beaver dam.

-control head is huge. Not sure how its would survive a trip into the retardant tank.

My 2 cents

I agree on all points.

My first outing was a disaster. I'll let you know how things go from here.

Everything is quick connect. Still takes at least 20 min for a pilot install. There are two boxes in the set up. One is the selector box, must be put some where within reach. The other is a controller box, It's not big but you have to find a spot for it. Plus there is an emergency dump by-pass switch, that needs a spot to. Now you have wires going everywhere. Lots of tape, and zip ties become ones friend. Not sure if you can by pass everything and just plug it in and go. If your aircraft only does fire its easy.