Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fast Bucket

We've purchased 6... So far we've only played with them but it's pretty impressive... You definitely want the permanent install, then it goes way quicker... As for weight, I don't think it's any heavier than a bambi for the smaller ones (I've packed a couple now) and the bigger ones are way lighter... We bought one for the Kamov because two guys can easily get it in the door... the bambi doesn't fit and it weighs over 100lbs more... Now the Kamov can launch at 120 kts with its bucket... which it could never do before...

The ones we got for the mediums are 370 imperial gallons... I'd never buy a bambi with that capacity because it would be cinched to 70% all summer. With this thing you simply trade water for fuel throughout your cycle... I think it's really fantastic...

As for durability... That's kind of pilot dependent... some guys will make one last an eternity and some will need repalcements and repairs... But we'll see how they do over this upcoming season anyway... kind of like Popular Mechanic's long term driver tests...

HV

I just finished testing the 325 imperial and the 425 imperial gallon buckets on the koala and 212 and they seem to work fantastic! Many options for release flow, spot drops etc... They just have to be rigged right and voila a wonderful fire suppressing tool. Very cool to be able to extend ones cycle by gradually increasing the water level. As Harmonic mentioned it will be dependant on the pilot how durable they are, maybe won't take a "bump" into a tree as well as a bambi??

If anyone is interested: We have a barely used/ like new Storm Bucket fresh out of upgrade/servicing at Absolute Fire Solutions. It's the 225 US Gal. model (AS350) model and it's in prime condition.

It works great and is very popular with our pilots - the only issue is we have 13 machines and only one Storm Bucket. Better for us to buy one Bambi than to buy 12 Storm Buckets.

Great condition - great system. Offers?

PM me or call James at Blackcomb Helicopters 1-604-938-1700

I just finished testing the 325 imperial and the 425 imperial gallon buckets on the koala and 212 and they seem to work fantastic! Many options for release flow, spot drops etc... They just have to be rigged right and voila a wonderful fire suppressing tool. Very cool to be able to extend ones cycle by gradually increasing the water level. As Harmonic mentioned it will be dependant on the pilot how durable they are, maybe won't take a "bump" into a tree as well as a bambi??

I can't believe you left me here.

You, you, you...sumbeeeotch.

:bye:

Sorry man! just following orders :unsure:

Howizit in the sunshine spot of Alberta?

Oh not bad. It's Friday night so the good times are going to roll. Watch out.

I've got my 270 gal bambi now to do do a complete comparison and start working on my detailed report. :blink: After my shaky start with the storm I'm willing to give it another try (if given the chance). I'm going to head out the the airport here in a while and see if I can do a better job of folding up the storm tank and stuffing it into it's bag. At the moment the thing is a little unruly. Every time I fold up the frame I count my fingers to make sure I still have all of them.

Part of the problem is that the thing doesn't seem to want to fit into the basket and with just me flying having it in the tail puts me out of C of G. So what I've been doing is strapping it down in the back seating area until I get a group of fire fighters on then it goes in the tail until we get to the fire. I've come up with a few choice names for the thing while wrestling it with it's longline attached.

What I'm trying to say is hit the gym.

More to come, I'm sure.

Weirdo

ps. Don't let 350 DD touch my bike.

Oh not bad. It's Friday night so the good times are going to roll. Watch out.

I've got my 270 gal bambi now to do do a complete comparison and start working on my detailed report. :blink: After my shaky start with the storm I'm willing to give it another try (if given the chance). I'm going to head out the the airport here in a while and see if I can do a better job of folding up the storm tank and stuffing it into it's bag. At the moment the thing is a little unruly. Every time I fold up the frame I count my fingers to make sure I still have all of them.

Part of the problem is that the thing doesn't seem to want to fit into the basket and with just me flying having it in the tail puts me out of C of G. So what I've been doing is strapping it down in the back seating area until I get a group of fire fighters on then it goes in the tail until we get to the fire. I've come up with a few choice names for the thing while wrestling it with it's longline attached.

What I'm trying to say is hit the gym.

More to come, I'm sure.

Weirdo

ps. Don't let 350 DD touch my bike.

That's funny! roger on the bike, she's done and off texting somewhere, something about a pigtailed roundeye? :shock:

Cheers and stay away from the swingin dyck,,,scarey!