Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Stiil Using Hf?

Never had the "pleasure" of working with HF, but from what I hear it can be a "treat"... :lol:

I agree that Globalstar service sucks. Seems their popularity has far exceeded their network capacity... :down:

We have Iridium phones in all our machines here, along with sat tracking. The company knows the last position of every one of it's machines within the last two minutes. Pretty decent system I think... :up:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would have liked to try that one myself hahaha

I don't think it would fly too good today with all the regs and "PCness". It also helped that the pax were company employees just from another division.

GW

C-FXFX;

IMHO I hope HF has been buried after many years of use. The cause of me spending nights out in the boondocs with no communication. I could talk to somebody a thousand miles away, but not within a hundred miles.

With today's Satellite communication, who in there right mind would use it.

Satellite com is the only way to go for both a/c and land based ops in isolated area's.

Have you ever thought, that you can phone the head office an tell them what you think of the contract you are on. + or -

Or better still you can ask for advice, AME/or PILOT

Why you even came up with this question, in this day and age, who knows???

Please elaborate.

Cheers, Don

Do not worrie Don no back idea just asking for LOL!!!! oh and by the way i'm still have my astrocompass not far away!!!!!(joke!!in case some one ask about other bizarre question!!!)

Guy

The main health warning would be an RF burn.

Stings like H**l.

I would always use a lead pencil on the manual tuned couplers just by the antenna feed thru. If I could draw a good spark then max energy was being transmitted to the antenna. You had to be careful and not touch the back end of the pencil however :shock:

The newer synthesised ones are great as you can tune in everything including lots of foreign radio stations. When CB radio was still popular you could tune one large airline type into the CB band and "STEP" on everyone, 400 watts SSB made you the big man on the band ;)