Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Compressor Rinse/wash

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where there is a will there is a way Elvis....

I've been there, needing to get that compressor wash done, to only see the trail of dust down the road, as the pilot buggered off into town with the crew....

you get creative in your ways to do the work that 4 hands would normally achieve easily.

shhh..don't give away too much TwistedSpar, these guys and gals who drive need to keep believing that we truly are magicians. It keeps the free beer flowing :)

cheers,

RTR

I have done many compressor washes as a pilot, at one company I worked for we would do them at least every couple of weeks, on a 500 and astar. Whether we needed to do them that often, I'm not sure, but it's no big deal.

You engineer types are just way to sensitive about the thought of anyone else touching a helicopter. :lol:

The machines had wash kits in them I guess, so you didn't have to point the the washer nozzle in to the intake, as it was hard mounted there for you, just needed someone else to hit the starter.

I have done many compressor washes as a pilot, at one company I worked for we would do them at least every couple of weeks, on a 500 and astar. Whether we needed to do them that often, I'm not sure, but it's no big deal.

You engineer types are just way to sensitive about the thought of anyone else touching a helicopter. :lol:

The machines had wash kits in them I guess, so you didn't have to point the the washer nozzle in to the intake, as it was hard mounted there for you, just needed someone else to hit the starter.

Is this someone else trained to react if for some reason a start sequence happens?

theres more to it than just spraying water....

how did your company train/approve you to do this task?

Who said anything about "only" using water?

Our friendly local engineer did the initial training/approval then we were good to go.

Is this someone else trained to react if for some reason a start sequence happens?

It's not rocket science is it?

No igniter, no fuel = no go

Our friendly local engineer did the initial training/approval then we were good to go.

And how about the required maintenance entry? Probably not rocket science either? :blink:

enlighten me then, please tell me other things you do, other than hook up the nozzle (of whatever fluid you're using) and have someone else push the button. I really want to see if all the bases were covered with you... Something tells me they were not.