Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

R44 Over Banff

From time to time I see a dark coloured 44 flying over Banff. A piston in the rocks is a rare sight indeed. I used to think that it was Bigorn's doing mountain training but I think that all their machines are bright orange. Anyone know who's machine this is? I'm just curious.

Mark

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if that was the same one that flew over my house (in Invermere) and then kept heading west over the Toby Creek valley...

A Cessna 140 flew over my house in Powell River today!!!! N to S. Followed shortly by a H500. Is there a connection?? Anybody know who it was?? Just curious. And then later a 212 flew E to W at about 2000 ft. And then I noticed a fishboat offshore (with stowed nets) going E to W. What the He-l is going on around Powell River??? Has to be connected with 911!!!!! AND!!! The Safeway parking lot was FULL!!!

A Cessna 140 flew over my house in Powell River today!!!! N to S. Followed shortly by a H500. Is there a connection?? Anybody know who it was?? Just curious. And then later a 212 flew E to W at about 2000 ft. And then I noticed a fishboat offshore (with stowed nets) going E to W. What the He-l is going on around Powell River??? Has to be connected with 911!!!!! AND!!! The Safeway parking lot was FULL!!!

LOL, now thats some funny sh*t right there..... :punk:

I think Kyle and Mike should start a new Sub Forum called "SPOTTED!", where everyone with a pair of eyeballs (binoculars optional) can post up their new found hobby of helicopter watching.....

I'm in the advanced group now, where i try and identify the operator by sound only. I refrain from looking until I've analysed the sound signature right down to the trim tab settings and gross weight.

I'm holding a 87% success rate. I keep faltering down at the Falls, when Niagara Heli flies over. I think the weights of the passengers (little chinese, to big germans) combined with the echo's in the gorge, is throwing off my perception a little. (or it could just be when the big boss man is flying and the torque setting is off the chart :shock: )

Mark, keep up the good work. I support your curiosity.

I think the security folks at Syncrude are looking to hire an eagle-eyed young fella like yourself.

Until you head north to clean-up Fort McMoney, HEPAC, H-A-C, and even this forum could do with a moral enforcer with your determination and dedication to the task.

Don't let those modern-day cowboys in their **** helicopters get away with anything !!

You have my permission to arm your weapon and shoot at will!!

p.s I'm sure you are aware, but an R44 was seen flying over a Loblaws in Quebec recently.

So, please keep an eye open towards the Canmore Safeway parking lot.........

there seems to be some sort of trouble brewing out on the West Coast..........

I'm afraid there might be a nation-wide trend starting.

post-414-1211904685_thumb.jpg

Hey, I'm a n00b (flight school starts in September)...

If I hear a helicopter fly over, I trip over the dog and bowl over the FedEx guy in my scramble to go outside and 'spot' it. :D. Then I bore all my friends and post on the inner'net about it.

That, and most of 'em are A-Stars, 206s and 212s - an R44 out here is rare (or lost :P ).