Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Welcome

chooper081:

As TS sent this over to me, sad to say HEPAC mentor ship program is only available in Canada (you say).

As this is a US section of the forum I would suggest that you contact your nearest FAA office and ask them that question.

Canadian mentor ship was put in place so people would learn how to cross their feet properly when flying Euro machines and the AME's to use metric and the proper swear words to address the machine when doing maintenance.

Gotcha TS.

Don :blink: :shock:

Only in Canada you say, pity.

While your at it try this on for size.

FAR43.17 states that an N registered aircraft operating in Canada is allowed to be returned to service after maintenance by a suitably certified AME or an approved AMO. The limitations are as such as in the states, you cannot do annuals or major repairs, this needs to be done by an IA. Now for the fun part, a Canadian AME because he can sign out annuals and some major repairs or mods (depending if he is a M1/M2) has the same abilities as an American A&P, in fact even more when it comes to the annual inspection. How come I cannot get an A&P based on my Canadian license? I recieved an A&P but I had to write the US exams and do an oral practical exam. When I asked the FAA about as to why, I recieved the shrugged shoulder response.

Funny world sometimes.

Gotcha TS.

Don :blink: :shock:

hardly :punk:

you're being biased here....the border is supposed to be open and free.....why not set a precedence with HEPAC's power and influence and share the wealth with our southern brothers???

I vote for the mentorship program to cover all of the America's.

Welcome fellow A&P, Pilots and anybody else that can get through Border Security.

We are seperate but equal.

Cheers, Don :punk: :punk:

Good to see this section set up for American operations, just in case they felt unwelcome on the original operations section. Lets hear from you guys.