Whose Going To Be In Charge Of Licensing In 2009?

Guest Bullet Remington
Blackmac, I appreciate your support of the AME however, the AME license covers a larger segment of the aviation industry than just the helicopter side. I fact, it is a small segment of the aviation industry in Canada. I hope we don't go back to the rotary only license, as the M1/M2 we have is far more flexible. The AME associations would make a better regulator as they represent the entire aviation industry in Canada.

212 wrench:

This has got to be the worst post you've ever made, from my perspective! The last people I would ever want to control the AME licensing would be an AME assocition. I have been a member of the Atlantic and Western AME associations and I have yet to see ANY AME asociation do anything advantageous to the AME population as a whole, in either region.

Any thing done by an AME association is NOT done for the benefit/s of it's member, put rather for the benefit of the executive members of the association/s. Look at the history of the association/s. It has always been the same person/s who have held the senoir position/s over the years. Alweays the same people. At least in the West they have a tendency tos hift the executive positions around amongst the few ocassionally. The Atlantic AME association is a joke! It's had the same president for the last 25 years! The same president who also contracts to TCCAon a fairly full time (regular) basis!

While I have no problem with him contracting to TCCA, I believe it is a conflict of interest for him to do so while he is the Chief Executive of the Atlantic AME association.

Nope, I would love to see Hepac take over the licensing of the AME's. Throttle Monkey's and Helicopter driver's! Not all Fling Wing wrench benders are limited to Fling Wings. ALOT of us also have plank endorsements!

CAMC is a freakin joke as well. Again an old boys club chraging ridiculous fees for a minimum of services and/or services that are already provided free of charge! As far as I'm concerned, CAMC is the major contributor to the current low wages in the aviation business. Their big drive to get recognition for unlicensed labours in the aviation business has had a direct influence on the wage structure of licensed people. Why the heck would a company want to pay a licensed person $35.00 an hour to do a jobn that he can hire a CAMC certified person to do for $14.00?? CAMC has been set upby owners to benefit owners. Screw em!

But hey, I'm just an old crusty contankerous SOB!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackmac, I cannot remember if you are associated with either HAC or HEPAC or even none, but I was hoping that one of the associations may be looking into putting forward a proposal. As we know CBAA got such great marks in their last audit!!!!! :shock: So not an organization that I want running the licensing.

If we are going to end up with four different organizations (one for fix-wing, one for helicopters, one ame fix-wing and one for ame helicopter) running different sides it could be a nightmare for we people trying to transfer between them. But if we could get say HAC or HEPAC working with a fix wing group to make one organization running the licensing that seems more sensible.

The only reason I bring this topic up is that I am in discussion with TC about accepting my military time towards another rating, but it seems whoever I talk to in TC I get a different answer. That coupled with my friends mentioning that they are putting a proposal together, for this change it made me wonder what it would be like in the future for someone trying to convert their licenses.

I think the obvious solution would be for TC to realise there is no one out there currently in a position to fulfill the role they want to outsource. Somebody told me the other day TC is considering doing what they did with navigation: Create another NAV CANADA with the people currently doing the licensing at TC. Any bets on what they'd call it ?

HEPAC could possibly do it, but do we want HEPAC to take on tasks that are completely foreign to it's mandate ? I'm talking about managing licensing of fixed wing pilots and all AME's. How about recreational flyers ? Hot air balloons ? Parasail ? ULM ? Gliders ?

Let's face it. We're talking about something pretty huge here.

On another note:

Bullet mentioned something about associations that hit a nerve with me: Associations are made up of individuals who determine that association's future. If what Bullet said about the AME associations is true, what does that say about the members of those associations ? In general, when people involved in this kind of association are allowed to function in conflict of interest over any length of time, it's usually a sign of apathy or lack of interest on the part of membership.

This brings me to another point: How many people here are members of HEPAC ?

This is a rhetorical question. I have a pretty good idea of who is and who isn't.

Personally, I find it a little bit scary to think that as licensed engineers and pilots, with all the responsibilities (and liabilities) we hold, we currently have no credible representation as a group of professionnals.

HAC speaks for operators, aviation consultants speak for customers, TC speaks for the government, but no one speaks for us.

Just about every licensed profession I can think of has some kind of association or order representing it. Why not us ? Is it a sign of apathy ?

HEPAC is just getting off the ground, and we have the opportunity do make something out of it. There are some very good people involved who've put a lot of their time into making it happen. What are we all waiting for to join ? Is 65 bucks too much to ask ?

Ok. I'll be quiet now... :lol:

HEPAC in control of licencing ???????

I'm not sure HEPAC could even get as far into the air as that B2 before crashing in flames.

Thier leading spokesman Blackmac has recently posted this about HEPAC's loudest proponent, Skidz......

This my last post on the subject, I'll leave the rest up to Skidz as there are very few threads that he does not have an opinion on. The only guy with forty years experience that's got it all.

What a team huh?? (Of course it wasn't his last post).

Skidz then commented recently.....

we currently have no credible representation as a group of professionnals.

Yep, you are right on the lack of credibility!!

Then Blackmac adds....

I'm just wondering why we are not getting 100% acceptance from the helicopter industry,

If any of you are still in doubt, read his posts from this page..........

http://www.verticalmag.com/forums/index.ph...12&start=12

The last post on that page is stunning. I don't know what part of that post is the worst, but Blackmac's quote "Any time you want, Bite ME" says so much with only a few words.

More recently Blackmac concluded.....

PS: I guess I'm getting to GD old and should learn to keep quite.

But, not wanting to be out done, Skidz offerred this

Ok. I'll be quiet now...

Don't get mad at me for writing this.....these are just direct quotes from HEPAC's leaders that want your membership, support and $65.00 !!

To quote Blackmac again......I am just the messenger

Skidz recently asked..

What are we all waiting for to join ? Is 65 bucks too much to ask ?

The co-pilot of that B2 was probably asking a similar question.

"Why is the Captain waiting so long to make the call ??"

Thankfully he made that call just moments later.

"Eject, Eject, Eject" also sounds like good advice to anyone hoping for a smooth flight with HEPAC.

Like it or not HEPAC is, and will be around, for a long, long time. Our membership grows each day, with operators included............and you are right, HEPAC is in no position to undertake any such tasks such as licensing.

We are concentrating on funding for a mentorship program that will benefit operators, apprentices, low time pilots and engineers.

Yes, some of our directors have emphasized their personel opinion.....which by the way, every individual has a right, just like yourselves......but "is", their opinions, not HEPACs.

We are a new association.....no one handed us a manual to follow to do it perfect, so mistakes are made.........big deal. Personalities clash, and it is impossible to keep everyone happy.....again, big deal.

So no one has all the answers.........but some here on this website feel they do, good for them.

Democracy and freedom of choice is great........participate if you want......or "not"!

For those that have all the answers......send them to us, we will be happy to listen.

Cheers, Bob Kellie

HEPAC in control of licencing ???????

I'm not sure HEPAC could even get as far into the air as that B2 before crashing in flames.

Thier leading spokesman Blackmac has recently posted this about HEPAC's loudest proponent, Skidz......

This my last post on the subject, I'll leave the rest up to Skidz as there are very few threads that he does not have an opinion on. The only guy with forty years experience that's got it all.

What a team huh?? (Of course it wasn't his last post).

Skidz then commented recently.....

we currently have no credible representation as a group of professionnals.

Yep, you are right on the lack of credibility!!

Then Blackmac adds....

I'm just wondering why we are not getting 100% acceptance from the helicopter industry,

If any of you are still in doubt, read his posts from this page..........

http://www.verticalmag.com/forums/index.ph...12&start=12

The last post on that page is stunning. I don't know what part of that post is the worst, but Blackmac's quote "Any time you want, Bite ME" says so much with only a few words.

More recently Blackmac concluded.....

PS: I guess I'm getting to GD old and should learn to keep quite.

But, not wanting to be out done, Skidz offerred this

Ok. I'll be quiet now...

Don't get mad at me for writing this.....these are just direct quotes from HEPAC's leaders that want your membership, support and $65.00 !!

To quote Blackmac again......I am just the messenger

Skidz recently asked..

What are we all waiting for to join ? Is 65 bucks too much to ask ?

The co-pilot of that B2 was probably asking a similar question.

"Why is the Captain waiting so long to make the call ??"

Thankfully he made that call just moments later.

"Eject, Eject, Eject" also sounds like good advice to anyone hoping for a smooth flight with HEPAC.