Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Whose Going To Be In Charge Of Licensing In 2009?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bullet Remington
oh please tell me you are more than just a member....because if you are a simple member and the other members have a right to vote you out of the association, we have found a new way to run the old Boys club..... :down:

this would not be a keen way to attract membership.

So let me see here; you aren't a member, you don't know who the directors are, and you want to run the so called "Old Boys"network off?? :shock: :blink:

Atta boy!! There's an informed, logical and mature approach to doing business! Keerist, I have no idea why Eurocopter hasn't made you it's Customer Service Manger/Director for all of North America!! Heck, while they're at it they'd just as well tack on Northern and Eastern Europe as well!!

Geez, man you're a legend in your own mind!! You wanna cut back on tha a little? It's interferring with my being a legend in my spare time!!

As for Hepac being in it's infancy stages, I concurr. That.however, doesn't mean that all it's members are. you've already stated their are a myrade of very qualified people sitting in the background. Those folks have alot of experience in setting upand running companies. Therefore there is a truckload of experience and qualification within Hepac that could handle this quite easily.

Expecting same same individuals that are currently doing everything on behalf of hepac is not a reasonable expection. Having the other well qualified members jump in and set things up, whether it be licensing or something, can easily be accomplished, should those members wish ti become involved.

Essentially, I disagree with your stance, having said that, I do see your point with respect to hepac handling the licensing.

So let me see here; you aren't a member, you don't know who the directors are, and you want to run the so called "Old Boys"network off?? :shock: :blink:

Atta boy!! There's an informed, logical and mature approach to doing business! Keerist, I have no idea why Eurocopter hasn't made you it's Customer Service Manger/Director for all of North America!! Heck, while they're at it they'd just as well tack on Northern and Eastern Europe as well!!

Geez, man you're a legend in your own mind!! You wanna cut back on tha a little? It's interferring with my being a legend in my spare time!!

As for Hepac being in it's infancy stages, I concurr. That.however, doesn't mean that all it's members are. you've already stated their are a myrade of very qualified people sitting in the background. Those folks have alot of experience in setting upand running companies. Therefore there is a truckload of experience and qualification within Hepac that could handle this quite easily.

Expecting same same individuals that are currently doing everything on behalf of hepac is not a reasonable expection. Having the other well qualified members jump in and set things up, whether it be licensing or something, can easily be accomplished, should those members wish ti become involved.

Essentially, I disagree with your stance, having said that, I do see your point with respect to hepac handling the licensing.

personally I haven't given a crap about HEPAC to this date...other than DM has been a driving force. Now that I have decided to make an effort, I will find out the who where when etc....you make it seem like a bad thing. and if you are a director....it's great that you talk down to me that way...your true colours shine :down: . Incidently I don't know who runs any major company in canada let alone some feeble associations that pop up here and there, when I care to, I'll google them for fun.

I have no desire to become more than I am as far as employment, I'm happy where i am. is that a bad thing? you make it seem like everyone has to move up the ladder to have some sort of title and stigma attached to their resume.

Thats not the case with me, there is far more enjoyment and satisfaction where i am. I don't plan to move up.

Whoa Nelly !

Ok. Let's all calm down a minute here guys... :lol:

1. TS, go to the HEPAC site and sign up. That'll give you access to the HEPAC forums and you can ask all the questions you want over there.

2. HEPAC's constitution, as with any organisation does have provisions for the removal of directors and/or members. I've been a member of several different associations in my life, and I've yet to be in one where that particular by-law was ever used.

3. I'm working on a HEPAC FAQ. Once (and if) I get approval from the current directors and the interim team, I'll post it first on the HEPAC forums, then here. I'm also going to start a new thread so people can ask direct questions on HEPAC.

4. Bullet is not a director, nor part of the interim team, but personally, I'm happy he's being so outspokenly in favor of HEPAC. There are many members on these forums who are very outspoken on many issues, but choose to remain quite mute about HEPAC...

And, now, back to your regularly scheduled mud wrestling match... :rolleyes:

I think it's

Interesting comment 212W,

I am wondering if a minimum wage, just out of post secondary education, with no aviation experience, just hired by T.C., sitting in a cubicle working in Ottawa (whew :blink: ), would be any more (or less?) qualified?????

Would an application processed by another "aviation" association or body, be any less of a license??

My point is.......with the proper training anyone, could manage to issue any type of license or permit.

Dot the "i's", cross the "t's".........right???? :rolleyes:

Interesting comment 212W,

I am wondering if a minimum wage, just out of post secondary education, with no aviation experience, just hired by T.C., sitting in a cubicle working in Ottawa (whew :blink: ), would be any more (or less?) qualified?????

Would an application processed by another "aviation" association or body, be any less of a license??

My point is.......with the proper training anyone, could manage to issue any type of license or permit.

Dot the "i's", cross the "t's".........right???? :rolleyes:

Good point,

Seems to me that at one point we were all 100 hour wonders and/or newbie mechanics that didn't know how to do a DI. As in all things time will tell, but at least they are trying.

Fly Safe

At this point I don't want to pick any particular side in this fray but I do posses an M1/M2 license and don't want to see it go down the tubes.

Biggest problem I can see in the whole licensing issue ever since certain persons in Ottawa decided to change it a number of years back is in the physical administration of it. I can't imagine how many staff are employed in this department but if TC is wanting to dump it then you can guess a fair number, to justify the $$$ they say will be saved.

That being said I am sure any NGO could do a better job - after sending in 4 pictures to get my mug on the license I was tempted to send a picture of a goat - they wouldn't have noticed, I am sure.

But, no matter how efficient you get this, it will still require a certain number of staff to handle the 24,000 or so licenses. From what I heard a while ago (2-3 years) TC was willing to throw $1.5 Million at whomever takes it over. That to me is chump change.

Perhaps HEPAC could run it, but is the organization capable and prepared to hire a 10-15 person staff to manage this? I can't believe that it could be done by fewer people until it was properly setup in a very good bullet proof database.

Just my 2 centimes worth

Gary W

Personally I don't think any of the 3 NGOs discussed here could put this in operation in less than 18 months. I guess time will tell

Guest Bullet Remington
personally I haven't given a crap about HEPAC to this date...other than DM has been a driving force. Now that I have decided to make an effort, I will find out the who where when etc....you make it seem like a bad thing. and if you are a director....it's great that you talk down to me that way...your true colours shine :down: . Incidently I don't know who runs any major company in canada let alone some feeble associations that pop up here and there, when I care to, I'll google them for fun.

I have no desire to become more than I am as far as employment, I'm happy where i am. is that a bad thing? you make it seem like everyone has to move up the ladder to have some sort of title and stigma attached to their resume.

Thats not the case with me, there is far more enjoyment and satisfaction where i am. I don't plan to move up.

TS:

Firstly, I wasn't talking down to you. Secondly, you have no freakin idea who I am, so do tell what you know about my true colours?? Nope, I'm not a Director of Hepac, I wasn't offered nor did I ask or offer. I do find it rather humourous that you find my ( from my perspective) humourous post offensive to you. Especially given some of your tirades against other folks on this site.

It may be a good thing that you "in your words, "I have no desire to become more them I am as far as employment,..."Were things to change for you, Eurocopter canada would be losing an adequate field support tech! And yes, I know who you are!

And I suppose you are correct with your assumpstion; "You make it seem like everybody has to move up the ladder to have...."As an employer, I look for employees that have some ambition to succeed and move forward in their career, someone whom eventually I can task to assume my position."It indicates to me 9 anyways) that the potential employee has some ambition. I doubt very much that I'd hire anybody who did NOT want to move forward career wise. Further, I'm not aware of any other employer that would hire an employee without ambition!

Given your statements, i can see why you'd have no interest in becoming a member of hepac. based upon your statements, i don't think theres anything that Hepac can do to benefit you!

So if you're happy doing what you are doing, stay there and enjoy yourself!! And while you're at it, get some thicker skin, fer keerist's sake!!