Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hepac

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently, as stated in the letters patent of the corporation, the board consists of three members. The corporation was registered in 2005, and two of the original three board members remain:

Don McDougall - President

Dan Mulligan - Director

There has not yet been an annual meeting held to elect an initial board for HEPAC. We're currently in the process of planning our first AGM this coming fall. We're also looking at several modifications to the by-laws to increase the board's size. HEPAC members will be consulted very shortly on this matter via the HEPAC forums.

In addition to the board, there are a few other people involved. We've been referring to that group as the "interim team". Most of these people have not given their ok for their names to be published for various reasons. The one name I can reveal is well known, and that's Bob Kellie, who's been working at getting operators to endorse HEPAC and sign up. Maybe you've heard from him lately ? ;)

Which agendas regarding engineers does the association plan to advance?

Just out of curiosity were you always accused of being out to lunch or is the name for some other reason, you know weight problem or whatever. There is usually a reason behind a nickname. :shock:

Anyhow we are in the process of having Bell Tel yellow pages indicating all houses of ill repute, great watering holes and topnotch restaurants highlighted in red indicating places for AME's only. Pilots are only allowed if accompanied by their favorite AME and willing to buy a round for the house.

Now I have to be serious. We have no agenda for engineers, what can we teach them??

Again, this time really serious. If you go back to HEPAC"s agenda when formed, the idea was to get people together in committees and form opinions, or sort out their problems.

As you are well aware there are many posters on these threads that need help with their problems, me included. I've just forgotten what they are.

Cheers, Don :rolleyes: :shock: :blink:

I find the $65 to be really good value. knock off half an hour of flight pay to be a member of an association whose sole purpose is to help pilots and engineers is quite small an amount even if they get just one thing done.

Other than that I could spend $65 on a round of beers with the boys bitching about things in the pub with a guarantee that nothing will get done.

I'm signed up. (although still trying to get around paypal to send my dues!)

So you start a topic to answer questions about HEPAC and when you do get a question which I see as a ligit question you get a bunch of humurous dribble as an answer!

If HEPAC wants to be seen and treated as a proffesional association start acting like one.

I suggest that the HEPAC members use their first vote to assign a member to answer the questions brought forward in a serious manner, not just anyone who "thinks" they should answer however they feel like.

I have expressed my concerns to a HEPAC representative that I believe HEPAC can be a very useful association to the helicopter industry and the good people in it, until I see the profesional side of HEPAC I will not be associated with it, but when and if it does happen I will be happy to join.

Todd Tkach

Gemini Helicopters

Just out of curiosity were you always accused of being out to lunch or is the name for some other reason, you know weight problem or whatever. There is usually a reason behind a nickname. :shock:

Anyhow we are in the process of having Bell Tel yellow pages indicating all houses of ill repute, great watering holes and topnotch restaurants highlighted in red indicating places for AME's only. Pilots are only allowed if accompanied by their favorite AME and willing to buy a round for the house.

Now I have to be serious. We have no agenda for engineers, what can we teach them??

Again, this time really serious. If you go back to HEPAC"s agenda when formed, the idea was to get people together in committees and form opinions, or sort out their problems.

As you are well aware there are many posters on these threads that need help with their problems, me included. I've just forgotten what they are.

Cheers, Don :rolleyes: :shock: :blink:

I don't know if the above was meant as sarcasm. Perhaps you misinterpreted my post? It was an honest question regarding what plans HEPAC has for engineers. What issues in regards to engineers, have been brought forward and are going to be advanced by the organisation? I for one, would like to see some kind of work or duty time limitation system. Not necessarily a copy of what pilots have, but something condusive to maintenance operations. I've heard rumours Transport has had something on the back-burner for years.