Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hepac

Oh one whose spar is twisted;

I don't disagree with your opinion, but when did HEPAC ever state that we would get involved with contracts for indivuduals with their companies or interfer in any way with their employer. What was said was we would seek legal advice whenever an AME or Pilot was having difficulty with TC, end of story.

Do not become another Bubblehead and invent things as you go along, he already belongs to a UNION.

You know my story better than anybody else on this site and we dis agree on almost everything.

You are also aware that I personally have no AGENDA except the betterment of the industry on behalf of AME'S and PILOTS.

If you read Bubbleheads post he was willing to have a pilots association and then maybe invite the engineers to come on board.

How condescending can you get, I guess he fly's his magic carpet all by himself.

Don

As I have mentioned before the inventors of flying were engineers first and pilots second.

If you really want to know something, I am an engineer/pilot and the reason I became a pilot was, I was tired of telling pilots how things worked, so I did it myself.

HEPAC is not me, it's everybody in the industry, hopefully trying to work together as a team.

You may as you wish, criticize me for whatever, but HEPAC was put in place for you guys, do with it as you wish, but please get off my back.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think those that have signed on are seeing beyond the individuals involved in HEPAC and seeing what HEPAC can do for us in the future if we give it a chance.

Yep, willing to invest 65, 130, 195 260... to see if it will work. 4 years of supporting will cost about a half days pay. Pretty big sacrifice. :down:

And if that is ALL I do, it is 100 times better than the efforts of the naysayers.

And to the naysayers...

Start your own, get on board of this one, or go play someplace else!

You hide behind the fact that you too can have an opinion, (which you can) that you know all the reasons (people) why it won't work, but will do NOTHING yourself to help it along.

So who is the biggest/toughest person in the sandbox? Don does have his faults, and he puts them right out front, but he is TRYING, and DOING something, whether you think so or not.

If you are not part of the solution, then well, you're not much part of anything. Anybody can sit back and say "I won't get involved until it's all done" and then sit a complain because nothing is happening and about what others are doing.

But maybe you are right, maybe it won't succeed, without you.

But we'll keep on trying anyway!

Yep, willing to invest 65, 130, 195 260... to see if it will work. 4 years of supporting will cost about a half days pay. Pretty big sacrifice. :down:

And if that is ALL I do, it is 100 times better than the efforts of the naysayers.

And to the naysayers...

Start your own, get on board of this one, or go play someplace else!

You hide behind the fact that you too can have an opinion, (which you can) that you know all the reasons (people) why it won't work, but will do NOTHING yourself to help it along.

So who is the biggest/toughest person in the sandbox? Don does have his faults, and he puts them right out front, but he is TRYING, and DOING something, whether you think so or not.

If you are not part of the solution, then well, you're not much part of anything. Anybody can sit back and say "I won't get involved until it's all done" and then sit a complain because nothing is happening and about what others are doing.

But maybe you are right, maybe it won't succeed, without you.

But we'll keep on trying anyway!

The solution to what? What's the agenda so far? The only way to be part of the "solution" to the unknown problem is to organize on a national level? There are more avenues than HEPAC for a professional to contribute to positive change. I guess anyone who doesn't support HEPAC is a "naysayer" or "part of the problem". I read the pamphlet. I have read all of the posts by HEPAC members....somebody better shove a firecracker up somethings @ss to get me excited about committing anything to the mystery organization with questionable leadership and seemingly no grasp of any current issue upon which to platform.

:blink: Whoa. After reading some of the slag-filled missives (ahem...missiles) in this thread, my perception of Canadians as semi-unbiased, quasi-neutral, peace-lovin', tolerant individuals just flew out the window...right behind my perception of pilots and engineers as the epitome of consummate professionals. <_<

Best of luck and success to HEPAC. ;) The cream always rises to the top. Carry on!

Skidz, aren't you glad you opened this topic to clarify some things about HEPAC ??

I love this place, all this poo-flinging reminds me of my home in the zoo !!

Yup ! I think dialog helps. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I think a lot of the dialog here is positive. I think we could do without some of the poo slinging though, makes everyone look like a bunch of egocentric children... <_<

As for your poster, I'm sure Don will print and hang it in his office... ;):lol:

:blink: Whoa. After reading some of the slag-filled missives (ahem...missiles) in this thread, my perception of Canadians as semi-unbiased, quasi-neutral, peace-lovin', tolerant individuals just flew out the window...right behind my perception of pilots and engineers as the epitome of consummate professionals. <_<

Best of luck and success to HEPAC. ;) The cream always rises to the top. Carry on!

But sister We (Engineers & Pilots) are the epitome of professionals, just view as Democrats & Republicans neither side will admit in public that the other side might have a valid point :shock: :shock:

But sister We (Engineers & Pilots) are the epitome of professionals, just view as Democrats & Republicans neither side will admit in public that the other side might have a valid point :shock: :shock:

I dunno, Bro. :) For all intent purposes, it appears you're all in the same boat, on the same sea, just sort of strokin' the oars out of sync or sumptin'. :rolleyes: But what the hey do I know? Nadafinga!