Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Low Level River Run.....

Guest Angry Egg Driver

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Guys (and gals if appropriate) need to get a life, if you want to fly around at 30,000 ft go get an airplane lic . This is EXACTLY what drew you to helicopters no matter what age you are or were when you made the fatal mistake of getting your LIC .

We have become such a judgmental society. The guy was having some fun. We know nothing of who was or wasnt on board,or if he did or did not do any preplanning of his little ride. The main thing is he came through the other end in one piece.

We all have or wanted to do a similar trip in our careers, like I said its why we fly helicopters. You can get hit by a car crossing the street on Robson does that mean you stay on the side walk. No you evaluate the crossing and go for it. And you can still be hit by the guy called Murphy.He follows us around from the minute we hit the start button, does this mean we dont go flying, NO it doesnt , we plan and do the best we can with the information we have, and guess what, "####" still happens whether it was the best planned for hire flight or a joy ride to let off some of our stress from life and the job. So Relax and enjoy life, and dont add more stress to the poor guy who found a way to dump some of his, find something really serious to ***** about....Like the implamantation of SMS or some other Transport thing that is been rammed down our throat...

Hey Helirider 212

You got it right, there is more important things to talk about. Transport Canada being one of them!!!

Hope at one point everybody will pull on the same string. Stuff like this is only giving people the wrong impression about the industry, let's see if we find something good on the web to show people what's smart and good about using a helicopter...

Just my 2 cents

I think most people have done something or another during the course of their careers that they aren't proud of, but usually it happens back when they are fresh, young, and dumb.

To make repeated trips like this when you are supposedly an experienced individual and to post it on YouTube shows a whole different kind of issue.

I think the guy flying these little outings is bored with his job and needs to either find some more challenging flying or get into skydiving or something. Unless it is his own Jetranger and the people on board wholeheartedly understand and accept the risk involved, I think it is kind of irresponsible to do these kinds of things with company aircraft.

But... That's just my opinion. Take it or leave it. I'm still allowed to have one.

I agree with you TS, but most of us are smart enough not to post our antics on YouTube... ;)

There's a big difference between flying in risky situations because the task requires it (or justifies it) and doing it just for kicks... :mellow:

So does that mean you are a better pilot because you keep your low level flights to yourself and not advertise them on the net?

Guest Bullet Remington
if we crucify this guy then I would hope everyone of you guys takes your lumps for anything and everything you do wrong....including speeding, driving while intoxicated, improper lane changes etc....not one of you is a saint....you've all done something stupid at some point (and continue to do so) in your lives.

Saint?? Nope not me!! I WASN't Perfect for a long time, but then I had the operation!! Now no more hemmroids!! Now I'm perfect!! :blink::wacko::lol::lol:

Another three months and I'll be fielding job offeres of Chief Pilot and maybe even Operations Manager!! :punk: :punk:

If it's your helicopter, give 'er. Fly your *** off. I'd do it if I had the ability and I enjoy being on board for joy rides. If it's my helicopter, and I'm letting you fly it so you can make money off my machine, odds are i'm going to kick your *** down the road! :punk: