Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Original Ec120 Landing Gear

Hey there

Anyone have any idea why the EC120 originally had "normal" skid gear....almost like the AS350?

Why'd they switch to the moustache gear?

This pic is (apparently) from the first flight

647637dffd05b808dcdb6273df889fb3.jpg

Just curious....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If not mistaken that was the proto 120 and is now at ECC as a training aid. If you notice the horizontal stab is not in the tailboom as in the 120. Also the gear is located further forward now and a three point attachment. France reg. also. :shock:

Cheers. C

I understand the benefits of the mustache gear.....I was just surprised to discover that the EC120 originally had AS350 gear (sort of). That would be a very significant design change VERY late in a development program!

As for the courts.....yep...up until a year ago I was working on the 429 program. I don't work there anymore though.......