Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Flight Hr A Year

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-33-1214238486_thumb.jpg

not only for the new guys but for some of the old hands as well! I know of people that log every second as PIC even if they are flying co jo. some log engine on to engine off, even though they spend 1.5 on the helideck during that 5 hr day! I was always taught skids up to skidz down. some have no co jo time only PIC and no single engine time??? most of this liberal PIC logging of hrs comes from countries other than good old Canada where once your working you are always PIC, except for a few exceptions, logging, EMS, mil. The true judgement of a guy will be working with him. so don't BS too much

not only for the new guys but for some of the old hands as well! I know of people that log every second as PIC even if they are flying co jo. some log engine on to engine off, even though they spend 1.5 on the helideck during that 5 hr day! I was always taught skids up to skidz down. some have no co jo time only PIC and no single engine time??? most of this liberal PIC logging of hrs comes from countries other than good old Canada where once your working you are always PIC, except for a few exceptions, logging, EMS, mil. The true judgement of a guy will be working with him. so don't BS too much

australian bic pen logging system VS canadian acutally flying endorsed on type logging system. That what you getting at.

My time has always been HOBBES. My Co-Pilot time is rated and signed off as such, and I have the endorsement. What goes in the Journey Log goes in my log, 30/60/90 etc. Mind you I did 2 full days of strobing one time in a 206 and I figured that if I could get fired after any one of those starts if I blew an engine that I deserved .1 for each one...but then again that was noted too.

There is just too much paperwork out there that can catch you and I'm barely smart enough to keep up with it on the honest side LOL. Besides don't you really want to know from a personal point of view of what you were really doing at a certain time in your career?

As for the topic question my time varies from year to year, but I go to the bank with 400. The rest is a bonus.

Zazu