Boo-hoo, Wah, Sniff, Sniff...

As for the new generations work ethics i find it hard to swallow the fact that you would say we (new generation) are the large portion doing the sniffling. In my short time in the working world, I would have to say its everyone not just us. I have seen people from the older generation that figure they are owed things also, and have an awful work ethic, the guys that expect the new generation to do there work for them. I have also seen the opposite.

I could not let this one pass.

The difference is we (the old farts) ARE owed something. Thats because we have 30 years and thousands of hours. We've earned the right to *****.

When you (the young farts) have some years of experience under your belts you will become us (old farts).

Until then .....................cease whinging immediately.

Having said all this my memory tells me I was a lusty b1tcher when I was 28. Of course back in the day we had something to b1tch about.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And annuder thing.

I am currently reading an article called managing generation Y. This is the echo baby boom and the children of the boomers.

The upshot of it is that we told these people when they were kids that they could be anything they wanted and that the world was their oyster. And they believed us.

As a group they feel entitled to large pay and lavish lifestyle as a result of our parenting.

Now this is not all bad news. I for one am happy ot see the companies finally having to treat their pilots and engineers better. Those 5 month tours for short pay back in the day were really a big drag.

It all started when parents stopped spanking there kids. There is no responsibility anymore when you screw up. My wife is a teacher and she is told by her administrators that she is not allowed to fail any of her students. Grade 11 for me was the hardest 5 years of my life.

Time to grow up kids its a job it involves work and in this industry sacrifice.

So, you're saying that we should be spanking our apprentices and 100-hr wonders when they are insolent? :lol:

Hmm.....you might be on to something there.....Bad apprentice! WHACK! You will respect my authoritaa! Bad apprentice! WHACK.....

Do I have to spank him though? Can I just smack him upside the head every now and then to keep him on his toes?

if the kid can't handle it, fire him. there is NO excuse of verbal abuse and kicking in doors. the excuse of "thats the way it's always been" is ignorant, and doesn;t make it right. there are 10 guys waiting to take his place.

if more ground crew had a pair of balls and stood up for them selves, and refused to be treated like cheap whores, in total violation of dozens of labor laws, this industry might be in a better place.

but those in power know what it's like to need a fix, to crave flying, and the hold it has on you. it's easy to string along the young and unexperienced, pay them peanuts and work their *** off.

it's criminal.

I could not let this one pass.

The difference is we (the old farts) ARE owed something. Thats because we have 30 years and thousands of hours. We've earned the right to *****.

When you (the young farts) have some years of experience under your belts you will become us (old farts).

Until then .....................cease whinging immediately.

Having said all this my memory tells me I was a lusty b1tcher when I was 28. Of course back in the day we had something to b1tch about.

Where's the 40 yr old lowtimer fit in? :unsure:

So, you're saying that we should be spanking our apprentices and 100-hr wonders when they are insolent? :lol:

Hmm.....you might be on to something there.....Bad apprentice! WHACK! You will respect my authoritaa! Bad apprentice! WHACK.....

Do I have to spank him though? Can I just smack him upside the head every now and then to keep him on his toes?

Thats exactly what I'm saying.