Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Boo-hoo, Wah, Sniff, Sniff...

I for one, thought that the humor of the legendary employee telling the boss what he thinks of him at the Company Christmas party after too many drinks, was a nice way to keep it light.

Isn't that wat Christmas parties are for? I have been to some doozies in my time and seen some crazy things!!!

I wonder how many marriages have ended over the years due to work Christmas parties??????????

:o

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackmac, an open door policy is just that...open....and that means 24/7 someone has an open opportunity to speak his mind....even at a company party. Not maintaining that "open" policy means you really don't have an open door policy at all. Only a convenience policy that suits you.

you said your piece to him, to talk monday morning (i assume the guy stopped b*tching at that time) and when he came into your office respectfully monday morning you fired his *ss on the spot?

How disresectful was that?

I agree with bagswinger there must be more to it. If there is not, I think you must truly be the biggest d*ckhead DOM around.

Treat a person with RESPECT and expect the same in return and I mean ANYBODY. I had an open door policy when I was DOM of a couple of hundred guys. At a xmas party I had one guy from the sheet metal shop who cornered me and started complaining about things at work. I explained to him that we were at this party to have a good time, not a bitching session and I told him to come to the my office Monday morning. I used to make a habit of visiting all the shops a couple times during the week and ask how things were going, not the chief of section, but each individual on a private basis.

This method worked very well in a production environment, when your overhauling everything from Canso's to Helicopters. We had people working both sides of the fence, fixed/rotating.

The open door policy was there for everybody, things should be resolved at work, so everybody can go home and sleep better.

Oh ya, Monday morning I fired the guy for invading my right to enjoy myself. I would not have used that party to berate him in any way, with whatever he was doing at work. Believe it or not I had a hard time not firing him on the spot.

DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU.

Don

Geez, I hope that guy finished telling you what he thought come Monday morning, especially after he found out he was fired! :down: But who am i to talk about this, that was way before my time ahahahah

Blackmac, an open door policy is just that...open....and that means 24/7 someone has an open opportunity to speak his mind....even at a company party. Not maintaining that "open" policy means you really don't have an open door policy at all. Only a convenience policy that suits you.

you said your piece to him, to talk monday morning (i assume the guy stopped b*tching at that time) and when he came into your office respectfully monday morning you fired his *ss on the spot?

How disresectful was that?

I agree with bagswinger there must be more to it. If there is not, I think you must truly be the biggest d*ckhead DOM around.

Now that there is funny I don't care who you are!

RE: Company Christmas/holiday parties :rolleyes: Ahem...

Work may be a common interest point with others at the Christmas party, but these get-togethers are more for getting to know one another on a social level and for celebrating a year of business success in general (not in individual terms). Even if it's the only time of year you actually see the upper echelons of the company, work is better left at work. Bosses, supervisors and managers especially like to avoid the work topic, and it won't go down well with them to bring it up...particularly in a negative light. They're trying to escape it, too. No matter how festive the occasion, it’s still a business function. Keep in mind the bosses may be watching throughout the party just to see how people are interacting with one another. Wobbly-legged and loud-mouthed abrasiveness and/or obnoxiousness will be remembered long after the party is over (by others more than you, perhaps). :)

Long story short: If you have "issues," deal with them long before or long after the company Christmas party, not during. Try to remember that come December. *pinch* :blur:

Without stooping to your level of intelligence, why to you figure he was giving me a hard time???

You guys must be know it all's.

I guess you were all brought up by robots because you were certainly never taught or shown how to respect other people.

For your added info the guy was not berating his "Dickhead Boss" he was actually complaining about his co-workers. He came into the office to quit on Monday morning. For your added info he was at the xmas party with his wife and kids and I did not want to spoil the party for them, by firing him then. He was actually the problem, not the co-workers.

I presume all you management types who had comments, possibly learned something, if not get your rear-end back to kindergarten were they teach respect.

Don

PS: Now we'll hear all the Boo-Hoos that my parents were to poor to send me to pre-school.

YAAAAWWWWNNNNN!!! Please kick in my door when someone has something productive to say on this forum!

Teabagger: I couldn't agree with you more, but most of these knuckleheads don't have anything productive to post, except sarcasm. Doing something intelligent, liking posting pictures of themselves is their level of communication. You know, :rolleyes: I can't read or wright, but I'll show you pictures of my helicopter or motorcycle.

YAAAAWWWWNNNNN!!! :shock: :punk:

ENJOY[