Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Boo-hoo, Wah, Sniff, Sniff...

So those of you that are tell us all to shut up and stop whinning, i'd shure love to know what type of shift you are doing?

If your doing 40-45 day on, are only given 5 days, and have been doing it for 3+ years stright

then mabie you can tell me to shut-up, but if not then you can shove it....

I know for one, i'd would shure like to have some sort of life, the only firends i have now are fallers and drillers. and not one of them has a nice set of tits

Is this a pilot or an engineer? Have you ever tried saying "no"? Looking for another job? All worthy options if you hate your job that much. How about the irony of using your insane tour schedule and lack of a life for the same reasons that an old timer would to tell you to "shut up and stop whining"? You aren't the first guy to do a mind bending rotation....where you tread new ground is not being able to improve your situation in 3 years in an industry full of opportunity. ;)

Find another employer. With your experience you're bound to have some options......unless you are a low-time pilot on perpetual ground crew duty for that tour rotation.....if so - I take it all back. :) (kudos for hanging in there.)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pup,

After working that much you should have enough hours by now to move to something better.

Because you asked.......I work two weeks on/off and haven't seen (or smelt) a driller or faller in years. However, when I used to fly them I didn't ever judge them by their tits.....you are a sick puppy !!

How did I get a job like that ????? By whining ??? NO !! I went out and got it.

Are you waiting for HEPAC to arrange it for you ??

Come on guys, there's a ton of work out there.

Ask for a better deal, or move to somewhere that offers it.

That's the point of this topic.

Don't just say Boo-hoo, Wah, Sniff, Sniff...

Do something about it.

Gotta agree with Overtalk.

About 15 years ago I had the same chat with myself, lousy camps. lousy this, lousy that, and I made the decision to change my life, and went offshore, and never looked back.

My point is, you have to be the one responsible for making the decision, not your chief pilot, ops manager, or wife. If life sucks, get off your backside and DO something about it, don,t just sit at your computer and complain.

Be Proactive, not reactive to life.

Over-talk :punk: :up: You rule dude, always calling like it is !

Pup, if you don't like 50 / 5, then change it. You're not a hero in my eyes by working for XXX.Ltd with that schedule, you're an idiot! There is better out there. If you want a southern Base with a better rotation, give me a PM, we have an offer for you ! How about a 3/1 on an L3 or 407 in a cushy ski lodge??? AND The staff are rumored to have TWO breasts each!

Guest Angry Egg Driver

3BX2...how much less money do you have to work for to be around these chicks?**** i might be interested.Maybe thats why staying in a crusty old drill camp pays so much better..... :rolleyes:

So those of you that are tell us all to shut up and stop whinning, i'd shure love to know what type of shift you are doing?

If your doing 40-45 day on, are only given 5 days, and have been doing it for 3+ years stright

then mabie you can tell me to shut-up, but if not then you can shove it....

I know for one, i'd would shure like to have some sort of life, the only firends i have now are fallers and drillers. and not one of them has a nice set of tits

ummm.....learning to spell might help when nigoeshiateing wages and tour lengths

Guest Angry Egg Driver

You can have the skiing.I would much rather be looking down then flying tourists around.

I cant believe i'm saying that.....I quickly remember the chicks with tits..... :wacko:

Its whatever makes you happy....whatever it is your doing dont be whining about it....