Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Boo-hoo, Wah, Sniff, Sniff...

Guest plumber
"hangar"

(yep....I'm makin' friends fast....)

And yes....it's in ALL industries...the kids right out of school have a ridiculous sense of entitlement. I blame Paris Hilton, and the MTV. These are the "victims" of bolstering kids' self esteem. They stopped keeping score in their soccer games, everyone got a smiley sticker on their homework etc.....everything they did was good. Now they are entering the "real" world and they are completely unprepared for it.

That's why every day I burst into my daughters' rooms and scream, "YOU ARE WORTHLESS AND WEAK! YOU WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING!".....The crying usually only last for about 45 mins.

They are 2-1/2 and 4-1/2

Never to young to start. :punk:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SH*TSHOW, you will have to let me know what company that is you work for, a ride on lawn mower :P thats awsome, wonder if you have the same attitude when your cutting up the grass! Oh and if you want to save the company money, i would suggest you go get an old school "reel-mower" Go green ! Save Gas ahahahah

maxtorque, worldywings, Skidz and all who feel sorry for the new pilot that suffered the wrath of sh*itshow;

Chicklets? Punch in the mouth? Glocks and Al Capone? Holy crap you guys are misguided. I was there and he (new guy) was lucky that I wasn't the one who had been made late after being promised that the hangar would be opened on time.

I know sh*itshow quite well and respect his work ethic, professionalism on the job and flying skill. He's not an ego-maniac and has never to my knowledge introduced himself as a pilot indicating the type he flys and how much he makes per day. I have been at this company for going on eight years and have been flying something for the past eighteen. Had I not been busy I would have gladly opened the hangar early, made the coffee and pushed the friggin machine out so that he could go out and make money to help pay my fat salary. I would do that for anyone, 100 hr guy or senior guy, and so would sh*tshow.

I started this thread because I'm tired of all the touchy-feely, Oprah, teary-eyed, cry baby, I'm ok-you're ok, reality show crap that seems to be ever present in the new generations work ethic. Not all the new folks behave this way, but quite a few do, and it's not limited to the helicopter business.

I love this job. I love meeting new people in all of the different and out of the way places I get to go to. I am well paid for what I do. I work for a great company. Things weren't always this way, but I never complained and took all of the good natured "new guy" abuse and ribbing and just kept going. I worked hard to get here and will continue to do so, and I will also continue to take great offence when a new pilot or engineer behaves as is they are owed something simply because they were able to pay for a license.

I am about as far from perfect as you can get and those of you that know me will know that I love to stir things up a bit. As for those of you that prefer to whine and cry, go away.

Kevin

maxtorque, worldywings, Skidz and all who feel sorry for the new pilot that suffered the wrath of sh*itshow;

Chicklets? Punch in the mouth? Glocks and Al Capone? Holy crap you guys are misguided. I was there and he (new guy) was lucky that I wasn't the one who had been made late after being promised that the hangar would be opened on time.

I know sh*itshow quite well and respect his work ethic, professionalism on the job and flying skill. He's not an ego-maniac and has never to my knowledge introduced himself as a pilot indicating the type he flys and how much he makes per day. I have been at this company for going on eight years and have been flying something for the past eighteen. Had I not been busy I would have gladly opened the hangar early, made the coffee and pushed the friggin machine out so that he could go out and make money to help pay my fat salary. I would do that for anyone, 100 hr guy or senior guy, and so would sh*tshow.

I started this thread because I'm tired of all the touchy-feely, Oprah, teary-eyed, cry baby, I'm ok-you're ok, reality show crap that seems to be ever present in the new generations work ethic. Not all the new folks behave this way, but quite a few do, and it's not limited to the helicopter business.

I love this job. I love meeting new people in all of the different and out of the way places I get to go to. I am well paid for what I do. I work for a great company. Things weren't always this way, but I never complained and took all of the good natured "new guy" abuse and ribbing and just kept going. I worked hard to get here and will continue to do so, and I will also continue to take great offence when a new pilot or engineer behaves as is they are owed something simply because they were able to pay for a license.

I am about as far from perfect as you can get and those of you that know me will know that I love to stir things up a bit. As for those of you that prefer to whine and cry, go away.

Kevin

Well said. You should work to the best of your abilities, and keep the 'entitlement' attitude in check. As a new guy in any industry, you have to prove up. That may mean fixing delta don's fences, driving parts across the province all night, or just showing up early to unlock everything and make coffee.

I'm not saying you should eat ####. I did that as an apprentice, and regret it.

A person should realize that you MUST bust your balls, and someone else will bust your balls too. Sometimes, you just have to bear it.

Yet, remembering back a few years ago to someone that didn't bear it: there is one CP here that probably remembers a mud fight with a lippy apprentice a few years ago. Laughs all around, and all was good after. :shock:

Kevin

I never said I felt sorry for the kid and if he was working for me, he wouldn't be after that...however... I still think "kicking the hinges" off some kid's door and screaming and cursing at him because he is late for work is unacceptable behaviour by anyone.

I put up with sh*t like that in the military and later in the corrections and law enforcement world. I certainly would not put up with it in civy life.

To oppose that kind of behaviour is misguided?

In your world maybe, but not mine.

If this kid is useless and lazy, send him/her packing or if you think they are worth it, "motivate them" but I really fail to see how busting down a door will motivate anyone unless through fear....and that has no business in any workplace.

To each thier own I guess

WW

Kevin

With this point, I couldn't agree more!

WW