Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Boo-hoo, Wah, Sniff, Sniff...

maxtorque, worldywings, Skidz and all who feel sorry for the new pilot that suffered the wrath of sh*itshow;

Chicklets? Punch in the mouth? Glocks and Al Capone? Holy crap you guys are misguided. I was there and he (new guy) was lucky that I wasn't the one who had been made late after being promised that the hangar would be opened on time.

I know sh*itshow quite well and respect his work ethic, professionalism on the job and flying skill. He's not an ego-maniac and has never to my knowledge introduced himself as a pilot indicating the type he flys and how much he makes per day. I have been at this company for going on eight years and have been flying something for the past eighteen. Had I not been busy I would have gladly opened the hangar early, made the coffee and pushed the friggin machine out so that he could go out and make money to help pay my fat salary. I would do that for anyone, 100 hr guy or senior guy, and so would sh*tshow.

I started this thread because I'm tired of all the touchy-feely, Oprah, teary-eyed, cry baby, I'm ok-you're ok, reality show crap that seems to be ever present in the new generations work ethic. Not all the new folks behave this way, but quite a few do, and it's not limited to the helicopter business.

I love this job. I love meeting new people in all of the different and out of the way places I get to go to. I am well paid for what I do. I work for a great company. Things weren't always this way, but I never complained and took all of the good natured "new guy" abuse and ribbing and just kept going. I worked hard to get here and will continue to do so, and I will also continue to take great offence when a new pilot or engineer behaves as is they are owed something simply because they were able to pay for a license.

I am about as far from perfect as you can get and those of you that know me will know that I love to stir things up a bit. As for those of you that prefer to whine and cry, go away.

Kevin

I feel sorry for the new guy having to deal with your buddy having his little temper-tantrum, thats all.

As for the new generations work ethics i find it hard to swallow the fact that you would say we (new generation) are the large portion doing the sniffling. In my short time in the working world, I would have to say its everyone not just us. I have seen people from the older generation that figure they are owed things also, and have an awful work ethic, the guys that excpect the new generation to do there work for them. I have also seen the opposite. Its also amazing that such a great company that you and Sh*tshow work for would have people like that work for them in the first place. And then backstabbing them on a public forum! Where do I send a resume?

P.S

I also love to stir things up :bye:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skids Up,

I'll be giving you some touchy-feely time very soon.... save some flying for me! And yes, I do ramble on; if one day you notice that I'm being very quiet and and non-explosive please find me some medical attention as I am definitely sick.

maxtorque,

We do work for a great company and would welcome a resume from anyone that is willing to work and play hard. As for the door kicking episode... it was simply the apex of a frustrating couple of weeks. Don't really want to debate company culture here, feel free to PM me if you wish.

Please, everybody remember that this semi-anonymous, time delayed, posting form of communication is very subject to user/reader interpretation. It is also very dependent upon the ability of the poster to acurately describe a situation so as to allow the reader to see the situation from the same point of view. This isn't like a conversation that involves real time viewpoint discusion involving the more subtle parts of communicating like body language and tone of voice.

Like I said before, I was there and I was frustrated too and I feel like I'm a pretty fair guy. Everybody deserves a chance, but how many chances?

Fly safe everybody.

Kevin

first of all I had already admitted that I over-reacted about this, but it is frustating when you have to show up late for a job and have to make excuses as to why you are late. I never told the costumer that it was the low time guy's fault, cause that would make the whole company look bad for having guys that neglect their duty like that on board, I made up something like the fuel pump packed it in and had to roll out some barrels, blah,blah.

so don't say I backstabbed the guy when by the time I got back the whole hanger knew about it already. I didn't go running in to the C.P.'s office and tattle like a 7 yr old. I'm not that guy and never will be. there is also more than one low time guy at the company and this is an anonymous forum.

I may have over done the story a bit, like the door was open so didn't really come off the hinges, but the whole point was to express my frustration about the fact that guys show up late for work, try to cover up their mistake with b.s. excuses then shrug it off like it means nothing.

as far as a temper tantrum, maybe it was a bit but don't tell me no one else has ever lost it a bit when things get screwed up for you by some one else. I've been doing this for 10+ yrs now and have seen lots of other guys loose it way worse than I did on this guy.

I've never thought of myself as better than anyone else no matter how much time they do or do not have, I know you can learn from the veiws and experiences from low time guys and high time guys as well, BUT I DO WORK HARD AND EXPECT OTHERS TO APPROACH THIS JOB WITH THE SAME DEDICATION THAT I HAVE, especially when you said you would do something or be somewhere.

this was just an example over a month old now, and all I wanted to point out was a lack of appreciation some people have to be actually working after putting out so much money to get a licence, dedication goes so much farther than ***-kissing, I'm not saying they have to be slaves but plain old hard work, and expecting hard work isn't slavery, it's called the real world.

and one weak moment doesn't make a guy an a$$hole

I will always account for my own actions right or wrong

safe flying

Aaron

Don't worry Shitshow, some of us understood that your story wasn't 100% literal and we got the point you were trying to make. I would have done the same thing had I been in your shoes (Although I would have knocked on the door first just in case the little pissant dumbass was lying naked on the bed.....EEEUW!)

You little crybabies can complain about Shitman's methods all you want but remember that if the little jerk off had done his job to begin with, we wouldn't be having this argument in the first place!

Guest Bullet Remington
little jerk off had done his job to begin with, we wouldn't be having this argument in the first place!

Oh comon now!! That's kinda crude! Try Auto eroticlly inclined individual fer kerist's sake!!

:lol::lol:

hmmmmm I just started a new job 9 days ago I showed up for work and waala a key for the Hanger. Not only that a credit card for gas and a new crack berry. I guess my new bosses must read this forum and want to save on door hinges.Maybe this incident could have been avoided had all employies been given a lock box key. Hey maxtorque flying must be slow out in nufie land for you to be around. Have fun guys and keep your sticks on the ice.

ps remember your PDM course a small thing like this could could start a chain of events which could end up badly

Just my 2 cents worth

It all started when parents stopped spanking there kids. There is no responsibility anymore when you screw up. My wife is a teacher and she is told by her administrators that she is not allowed to fail any of her students. Grade 11 for me was the hardest 5 years of my life.

Time to grow up kids its a job it involves work and in this industry sacrifice.

It all started when parents stopped spanking there kids. There is no responsibility anymore when you screw up. My wife is a teacher and she is told by her administrators that she is not allowed to fail any of her students. Grade 11 for me was the hardest 5 years of my life.

Time to grow up kids its a job it involves work and in this industry sacrifice.

As long as I can carry around my chihuahua in my handbag while at work, I'll be ok......