This Just In!

Effective December 2008, TC is planning to allow a person with a US commercial helicopter license (150 hours) to be able to come to Canada, show their US license and will be issued a Canadian commercial helicopter license.

NO flight test, NO exam!

On the flip side, a Canadian pilot cannot do the reciprocal in the US because they are 50 hours short.

Thoughts?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you do have the extra "50 hrs." or a total greater than 150, will you be able to take advantage(?) of the same privileges?

gc

My question exactly. Although I seem to remember a few years back when I was enquiring about a US license that all I really needed was my Total Time to equal 150 hours, and the logbook to prove it. The xtra cost on my part, other than the examination fees (and machine time, competancy check ride for solo night) was the night rating.

and yet again, Canada becomes the ***** of the Aviation world. come one, come all! work in the US? Australia? EU? oh, no, sorry. :down:

still trying to figure out why I ever got my FAA CPL, don;t qualify for any sort of visa once you're commercially certified in canada....

Effective December 2008, TC is planning to allow a person with a US commercial helicopter license (150 hours) to be able to come to Canada, show their US license and will be issued a Canadian commercial helicopter license.

NO flight test, NO exam!

On the flip side, a Canadian pilot cannot do the reciprocal in the US because they are 50 hours short.

Thoughts?

My thought

post-33-1214442015_thumb.gif

For what its worth I still think the best three countries to work in in the helicopter industry are (in no particular order)

South Africa

Canada

New Zealand

For those that can only work in Canada you should feel very lucky as it has an amazing diversity of work, awesome scenery and some good machinery, and best of all you dont have all the bull$#### and politics they have south of the border.

My choices are made based on the places I have been and seen the industry.

Ned