Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Vfr Crew Rotations?

Guest plumber
Blaming your chosen career for the failure of your marriage is like blaming alcohol for the traffic accident.

I agree family is important but give your head a shake.

You put your hand in the air for this gig.

You want the companies to tailor a schedule for you that's fine, but don't whine when you are down on hours.

The costs associated with offering rotations is astronomical and with the current shortage of drivers I wonder how many companies are sticking to what they promised new hires.

Maybe that should be a new thread....

I'll admit that there are some things that need to change in this industry but being held hostage by a 600 hr. driver that thinks he/she should be paid $100,000.00 per year for 4 months worth of work just gets up my nose.

Helicopters didn't ruin your marriage......you did.

Families have survived polar shelf and Dew line service in the arctic for years and with the right people in the marriage they will continue to do so.

Stop blaming others for your shortcomngs.

This is not personal but just a general rant.

As Cap would say...."Nuff said!"

Max

It was a joke. Lighten up.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not all about the "hay" and "the sunshine".

A common mistake made by MANY who have gone down that road before.

It's about family!! Smarten up before it's too late and all you have left is 1/2 your hard earned money and a kid you have to make an appointment to visit!

Really? My sense of humor must be getting rusty! :lol:

But upon further review I still can't see the punchline.....Oh wait ...there it is !! The part about the kids! Well maybe not....It's kinda like playing where's Waldo. :blink:

Max

Hey... If a guy puts in more than a decade of hard work grinding 4-6 week tours and builds up some marketable skills and experience then why shouldn't he get a 2 on 2 off shift if there are companies who are willing to offer it to attract people?

I don't whine and complain and threaten companies to get the shift I want. I just politely tell them what I want and why, and that I can be flexible when unforeseen circumstances arrive.

It's a free market, so if a person can get what they want with the experience they have and still make the yearly income they want, then go for it.