Air Time Vs. Flight Time

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest who's yer daddy

Agree with Skids Up here 200%.

Who in the **** from TC is going to check your flight reports and logbook entries. Impossible to do!!! What are they going to do, come to your house? A company only has to keep logbook records for two years so how would you check on those of us who have been flying for twenty and thirty years!!! Flight reports can be thrown out the next day. And certification of logbook entries - what, get your nextdoor neighbour with a rubber stamp to certify it. Means nothing. What about all the logbooks certified by Bow, Quasar, Shirly, Associated, Sealand etc. All those companies that are still in buisness. Ask one of those guys to certify your book and they would fire you just for being stupid.. That logbook certified by NMH sure would be worth a lot of money right now!!!

Log what ever you want. Before you even finish the paperwork and DI or walk around, the check pilot knows where you fit in on the experience scale, regardless of what your little black book says.

Log what ever you want. Before you even finish the paperwork and DI or walk around, the check pilot knows where you fit in on the experience scale, regardless of what your little black book says.

I once worked at a company where one of the stiff wing pilots would log time whenever he was flying as a passenger. His opinion was that if it was an aircraft that he flew (KingAir/Aztec) then it was ok. If he was flying in the company 737. He would log it just in case he had to go up front and save the day by taking over if the crew became incapacitated <_< . He now is a Capt on large aircraft for a commercial operator :shock:

As soon as you start the engine ,you are monitoring the aircraft, on cooldown, you are monitoring the aircraft. If people are loading or unloading, gear and all, you are monitoring the aircraft. It's all part of flying an aircraft

So i think that logbook time is from start to shutdown. I think it make's sense.....

As soon as you start the engine ,you are monitoring the aircraft, on cooldown, you are monitoring the aircraft. If people are loading or unloading, gear and all, you are monitoring the aircraft. It's all part of flying an aircraft

So i think that logbook time is from start to shutdown. I think it make's sense.....

so if you're sitting beside the a/c at the fire base monitoring people around the machine... so does that mean it gets logged?? just to play devil's advocate!! ;)

so if you're sitting beside the a/c at the fire base monitoring people around the machine... so does that mean it gets logged?? just to play devil's advocate!! ;)

Hopefully this is where common sense will kick in! Though I'm sure there's a few people out there that have played the system this way.

I hope for the sake of the end users (clients) that they are not reading this thread and finding out how honest everybody is. Don't be surprised if they start asking for some foolproof mechanism be installed on all helicopters for proof of actual "AIR TIME" that they should be billed for, that is the actual cost to the operator.

Another possibility is the fixed wing method and charge on a mileage basis or rate /mile, using straight line GPS coordinates. Don't think it can't be done, remember James Bay.

I just love the "professional" answers provided by some individuals, to try and justify their reasoning when they don't even know the difference between up in the air or down on the ground. I guess some peoples heads are always in the clouds.

Up in the air or "Air Time" is the time billed to the customer and if AME/Pilots are paid an hourly rate, it is on the time billed to the customer.

I think this thread should be closed as it is not serving any purpose except raising questions about the professionalism of the industry.

Cheers, Don

Totally agree with this gentleman.

cheers

JD

I hope for the sake of the end users (clients) that they are not reading this thread and finding out how honest everybody is. Don't be surprised if they start asking for some foolproof mechanism be installed on all helicopters for proof of actual "AIR TIME" that they should be billed for, that is the actual cost to the operator.

Another possibility is the fixed wing method and charge on a mileage basis or rate /mile, using straight line GPS coordinates. Don't think it can't be done, remember James Bay.

I just love the "professional" answers provided by some individuals, to try and justify their reasoning when they don't even know the difference between up in the air or down on the ground. I guess some peoples heads are always in the clouds.

Up in the air or "Air Time" is the time billed to the customer and if AME/Pilots are paid an hourly rate, it is on the time billed to the customer.

I think this thread should be closed as it is not serving any purpose except raising questions about the professionalism of the industry.

Cheers, Don