Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hepac - Annoucement Of People Involved

For those of you that missed it last week, HEPAC announced it's list of interim Board of Directors.

If you want to know who's involved and what roles people are playing please see the complete press release at:

http://hepac.org/news/bod.pdf

You'll also find the list of Directors below. You will notice some pretty big names. I trust this will answer any lingering questions surrounding HEPAC.

For any further questions/comments please note that HEPAC's President is it's ONLY official spokesperson. Occasionally you may notice comments on Vertical Forum from members of HEPAC. These comments do not reflect HEPAC's official position. Only comments coming directly from the President should be viewed as official and accurate.

Please direct any future questions and comments to info@hepac.org.

Warmest regards,

Lee Johnson

Interim President - HEPAC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Executive

Lee Johnson - Interim President

Pilot

Lee has 15 years experience in the helicopter industry as a VFR and IFR (ATPL)

pilot. He also has experience in management including Chief Pilot, Company Safety

Officer and Company Training Pilot.

Bob Kellie - Interim Vice President

Engineer & Pilot

Robert has over 30 years in the helicopter industry working as an engineer, pilot and

instructor. He has extensive experience in management including Director of

Maintenance, Chief Pilot, Operations Manager and Quality Assurance. He currently

works for Canadian/Erickson Air Crane as an S64 captain and instructs on occasion

at Chinook Helicopters Ltd in Abbotsford.

Don McDougall - Interim Secretary & Treasurer

Engineer & Pilot

Don has over 49 years in aircraft maintenance as well as over 15,000 flight hours in a

large variety of helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. He has worked as a

Pilot/Engineer, Director of Maintenance, General Manager and Marketing Manager.

He has also worked in the private sector and for the government as a Senior

Contract Management Officer, Safety Officer and Technical Inspection Officer.

Directors

Dan Mulligan - Chair, Mentorship Committee

Pilot

Dan is a 50-year-old sergeant with the OPP. He has spent the past 7 years flying for

the OPP and still considers himself a “new pilot”. Dan is determined to develop the

best possible mentorship program to assist low-timers in successfully becoming

operational pilots.

Phil Croucher - Director

Pilot

Phil holds JAA, UK, UAE and Canadian licenses for airplanes and helicopters and

has over 8500 hours on 37 types. He has been a Chief Pilot, Ops Manager, Training

Captain and Type Rating Examiner. He currently writes the safety column for Heli-

Ops magazine. Phil has also been successfully publishing ground study material for

the worldwide market.

Ronnie Moores - Director

Pilot

Ronnie is currently the Chief Pilot for Cougar Helicopters. He has over 10,000 hours

experience on 12 types and holds an instrument rating and instructor rating. He is a

Designated Flight Test Examiner (DFTE) for Transport Canada, a Company Training

Captain & Simulator Instructor, as well as a Company Check Pilot. He has worked in

Canada, the U.S.A, the North Sea (UK and Norwegian Sectors) and in Greenland

(high arctic).

MJ Regier - Director, Administrative Support

MJ is a professional copywriter, graphic designer and photographer. With private ties

to the Canadian helicopter industry, she volunteers support to a small handful of nonprofit

organizations.

• 5 months later...
For those of you that missed it last week, HEPAC announced it's list of interim Board of Directors.

If you want to know who's involved and what roles people are playing please see the complete press release at:

http://hepac.org/news/bod.pdf

You'll also find the list of Directors below. You will notice some pretty big names. I trust this will answer any lingering questions surrounding HEPAC.

For any further questions/comments please note that HEPAC's President is it's ONLY official spokesperson. Occasionally you may notice comments on Vertical Forum from members of HEPAC. These comments do not reflect HEPAC's official position. Only comments coming directly from the President should be viewed as official and accurate.

Please direct any future questions and comments to info@hepac.org.

Warmest regards,

Lee Johnson

Interim President - HEPAC

[

b]LETTER FROM LEE DATED 20/10/08[/b]

Hi all,

18 months ago HEPAC was percolating as a great idea. Don McDougall had a vision; to create a national organization to act as a strong voice for engineers and pilots.

I agreed to come on board to get the organization set up, get it organized, put the structure in place, and establish HEPAC. Though HEPAC is not quite where I would have liked it to be, I am still proud that as a team we have managed some incredible successes in a short period of time. The media response has been incredibly positive and membership is still growing.

From the very beginning it was never my intention to stay on once HEPAC was set up and running. It is therefor my intention to step down as soon as an AGM can be organized and a proper executive can be elected. Starting near the end of October I will begin the process of organizing the AGM and putting the various processes in place so that the transition is as smooth as possible. Following that, I will continue to provide the website hosting at no charge and will continue to maintain the site and associated software.

I want to thank you all for the incredible effort and strong dedication you have all shown throughout this demanding and challenging period. Your support for HEPAC has brought us to where we are today.

Lee Johnson

Interim President

[

b]UPDATE December 13 2008[/b]

People have been wondering what happened to HEPAC, for that matter so did I. For your added info I enclose a copy of an email I received from Lee Johnson, Interm President. Lee and another person that is also gone were going to organise an online voting system for a President and Board of Directors.

This will no longer happen as nobody has come forward to take Lee's place.

As you are all aware this was started by me in 2003 for the engineers and pilots and given to them to run as they see fit, as an association, to create communication and try and look after the welfare of those who needed it. Sorry to say this has not happened as most seem to want to do their own thing. Go for it.

What happens from here on is up to you and the existing members.

Oh yes, TCCA has changed their mind about SMS and HEPAC's proposal is basically arse wipe. Possibly it made sense and was to simple for those arrogant arseholes. I wish HAC all due success as the owners club will have you all by the short and curly's before long. Have a great 2009.

Cheers, Don :shock: :angry:

thank god for that, I can now officially ignore post #3 as that what the most difficult post to figure out who said what and what the heck it all meant.

For your sake and your sake only, as you are only a "Virgin" on the site and would like to have some impact with your comments, wait till you find out what is going on.

Constructive comments are appreciated from those in the know.

If you are so smart tell us all about yourself, so we can comment.

Or you know what.

Cheers, Don

PS: If you are trying to get on my nerves, get in line.

Well!

I don't know, I would personally be a little less inclined to be part of a group who used language that clearly alienated anyone.. When you start a group or organization it becomes the property of all, although I understand the personal feelings of ownership" and **** I can do what I want" but if certain behaviour becomes an issue and is detrimental to the larger picture and the benefit of the group. I stay stand aside and rest happy with the fact that you started something good and let it grow. I guess you have to be wise enought to know when its time to leave it to others.

Just my 2 cents. :)

HF