Block Time In A 300c

SlapShot

WOXOF – If I remember the news correctly (and I may be wrong) the gov. types got free rides up to a fishing lodge owned by an Irving, on an Irving A/C where they “fished” for a few days, then when they came home the gov. gave Irving 18 million (that number may be wrong, don’t have the news report handy) to help them close the Saint John shipyard, but never told them it had to go to the out of work ship builders, they said some of it should, but they never specified, and this caused the local news outrage. As far as if transport went after them for the rides, or if they did pay to go the Irving fishing lodge, I don’t know, but given Irving’s practical ownership of NB I doubt it.

I’m not sure I understand the legalities of block time, maybe someone out there wise in the ways of the CARs can set this thread straight.

700.02(1) Requirements for an Air Operator Cert. Says you can’t run an air transport service or conduct aerial work without them, but I don’t think aircraft rental (which I assume block time compares best too) qualifies as any sort of aerial work.

I’ve never seen a place that rented A/C but wasn’t a flight training unit as well, so I looked in the sections on FTUs, nothing in there about straight rental.

Section 203 talks about A/C leasing, but it only mentions air operators as being eligble, and states they have to be FTUs or 604 operations. So I’m stumped as to where aircraft rental fits in according to the CARs

Slapshot don’t get me wrong, I’m not questioning your plan here, in fact $280 an hour for a 300C sounds like a great idea to me, maybe it will encourage competitive pricing from local schools (is there an emoticon for wishful thinking?) just always been kinda’ curious where it fits in to the scheme of things according to transport is all.

Just for the record, no time has been sold, and machine is going out on lease nxt week. As I interperate the cars, as long as no profits are made and only direct operating costs are recovered, then its perfectly legal. I was a fractional owner in some cesna 182's for a couple of years and we all sold and bought block time. Every bulliten board in most fixed wing schools, has a block time for sale ad up selling or looking to buy block time. And beleive me when I say there is no profit, not even at $410 per hour :up:

There is no requirement to hold an Operating Certificate to lease airplanes.

You can set up your own leasing company and lease your airplane by the hour, or any other time frame..

I will outline my position regarding TC and their rules and hopefully stay within Kyles rules, so just for the record here it is....

If I were leasing an airplane and any TC inspector started asking questions I would simply tell him / her to go f.ck themselves..

If they found some way to charge me with some trumped up offence I would tell them to go f.ck themselves.

If they levied a fine against me I would tell them to go f.ck themselves. There is not a chance in **** they would ever collect a penny from me due to the fact I no longer have anything left for them to seize...so they can go f.ck themselves.

Putting me in jail would be a waste of their time as I would just come out more determined than ever to defy the pr.cks.

We could go through this every day and the answer would be the same.

To put it very clear so no one missunderstands me after fifty years of doing it within their rules and ending up broke because they can do what ever they want I have decided that I will become an outlaw...

I have every intention of obeying one rule from now on and that is the rule of self survival.

So to each and every one of you TC pri.ks here in the Pacific Region go f.ck yourself.

There that is my opinion on Aviation in Canada.

Rev. Chas W.

Gees Twinstar....

I really am quite timid and have great difficulty trying to get up the nerve to express my feelings...

But I am working toward more self assurance and I will eventually come out of my cocoon of shyness. :up:

( I am going through the fourth instar of metamorphosis, soon I shall rise from my cocoon not as a beautiful butterfly but as a dark sinister creature from the depths of ****. A true nightmare for the dark side of life. )

Hope CTD does not become offended as I am smart enough to understand that not every one is corrupted.....you'll forgive me CTD? :up:

The Reverend Chas W.