Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Aircraft Down In Wyoming

** Report created 7/18/2008 Record 1 **

IDENTIFICATION

Regis#: 3276T Make/Model: UH1 Description: 204, 205, 214A/B BigLifter/C (UH-1A to M

Date: 07/15/2008 Time: 2200

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N

Damage: Unknown

City: ROCK SPRINGS State: WY Country: US

DESCRIPTION

N3276T, A BELL UH-1H ROTORCRAFT, WHILE PERFORMING A SLING LOAD OPERATION,

ENGINE FAILED, FORCE LANDED AND TIPPED OVER, ROCK SPRINGS, WY

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0

# Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: NOT REPORTED

OTHER DATA

Activity: Business Phase: Other Operation: OTHER

FAA FSDO: CASPER, WY (NM04) Entry date: 07/17/2008

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-NUMBER 3276T

Aircraft Serial Number 69-15911

Aircraft Manufacturer BELL

Aircraft Type Rotorcraft

Aircraft Model UH-1H

Engine Manufacturer LYCOMING

Engine Type Turbo-shaft

Engine Model T53-L-13

Year Manufactured 1969

Registrant Corporation

Name VNP LLC

Address 891 PRATER RD

ELLENSBURG , WA-98926-7671

US

Registration Date 16 August 2007

Airworthiness Certificate Type Restricted

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anything else you want to know ??

• 3 weeks later...

"Pretty cool".....how in the ####, can you come up with a statement like that, when comrades, brothers and sisters have died?????

Rght now,....I don't give a "fatsratsass" if I am barred from this site forever......show some respect to the "fallen" dickhead.

You know what......I have come to determine, that this website attracts "way to many vermin "'

And a cold and callous remark like that.....makes me sick!

Bob Kellie

"Pretty cool".....how in the ####, can you come up with a statement like that, when comrades, brothers and sisters have died?????

Rght now,....I don't give a "fatsratsass" if I am barred from this site forever......show some respect to the "fallen" dickhead.

You know what......I have come to determine, that this website attracts "way to many vermin "'

And a cold and callous remark like that.....makes me sick!

Bob Kellie

Hey Bob

not trying to stir you up or anything but from the way I read the above report there was no Injuries? I hope I read it right.

Hey Bob

not trying to stir you up or anything but from the way I read the above report there was no Injuries? I hope I read it right.

Pretty easy to misread the report as "Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:" to mean Crew 1 Fatal vs Crew 1 / Fatal 0 / Serious 0 /Minor 0 / Unknown 0

Hence the "corrective reply"

Guest Bullet Remington

WOW!! Geez, Bob, It's been a bad year! We can't dispell that, but don't you think you MAY be directing your anger/grief/fustration in the wrong direction and, per chance at the wrong people?

Nobody here, ( I believe anyway) would INTENTIONALLY make light of a member of this industry losing their life, a family losing a father, a brother, son and husband! This industry is very small and if we don't know the specific individual, we invariably know somebody who does know.

Bbasically Bob, it's a small circle, And with in that small circle there are a bunch of people, all of whom approach disasters in a different way. Stress does do many weird things to the human body.

While I do understand your grief and in a weird way, I understand ( I believe) your reaction to some of the posts here. Having said that, it appears top me that you are taking some of the posts out of context and personal.

I don't believe they are either. But do feel free to vent your fustration the way you feel, if it helps you cope with the stress!

There are many of us here on this site that have seen, felt and suffered through exactly what you are feeling right now. However, in some of our cases, the numbers would numb, not only you but a large percentage of this indusrty.

Do be aware there are those among us that understand your position. All we ask is that you try and understand there are others that deal with their grief and fustration in a manner different then the manner you chose.

We all do hope that you work this out in a positive manner. If it gets worse, take a break and work it out!

If it gets better, its probably something the genius folks here on this site did!!

There are many of us here on this site that have seen, felt and suffered through exactly what you are feeling right now. However, in some of our cases, the numbers would numb, not only you but a large percentage of this indusrty.

For myself, since the early 60's "at least" 25 good friends lost to this business. I have got to the point now that when I lose another workmate I shed a small tear, have a good stiff Scotch, shrug and move on. That's just my way of dealing with it for now. Maybe I'll have a big meltdown one day, when all the repressed feelings bubble to the surface.

As BR says Bob, we all deal with it differently. I know you will not let your feelings affect your work life or those around you that love you.

Take Care