Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ex-military Machines In Canada?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was HHB a skinny panel 206? I flew HSH and it was a really light Agusta airframe with the skinny panel. It performed very well for a 206. I wouldn't know what an Astar can lift but from what I hear they can outperform a 204 so they must be pretty good.

Most everyone I know in this business needs or wants alcohol injection.

What freakin marketing guru did you get that info from? (not the alcohol injection part, that's a given)

Helifor is operating some ex-CF Lab/Voyageur/107's for logging/hvy lift. MGK, never underestimate the mechanical simplicity of a Bell medium single...there are some things that are pretty hard to mess up, a Bell medium is one of those -- as you note, once you figure out what configuration was being used for the placement into civil registry.

they're not ex-CF labs...the BV107 and 234 were produced for the civil market as well.

My bad...you are indeed correct. I thought that some of the ex-CF machines had made it from Columbia to Helifor. Seems they did not (ref: Listing of BV-107 variants and disposition)

11302, 11303, 11304, 11306, 11307, 11312, 11313, 11316 and 11318 were all sold to CHI after their removal from CF service.

The five BV 107 II's on the Canadian registry operated by Helifor:

C-FHFV (Boeing construction # 4) - a civil BV 107 II

C-FHFW (Boeing construction # 107) - a civil BV 107 II (built by Kawasaki as a kit)

C-GHCD (Boeing construction # 101) - a civil BV 107 II (like 101, also built by kit to KV-107 std)

C-GHFF (Boeing construction # 406) - and ex-Swedish Air Force Hkp4A.

C-GHFY (Boeing construction # 2002) - I can't track this one down, although it was built in 1962 so it is definitely not an ex-CF 113/113A, it could be en ex-CH-46 'Phrog'

Cheers

AV8

Was HHB a skinny panel 206? I flew HSH and it was a really light Agusta airframe with the skinny panel. It performed very well for a 206. I wouldn't know what an Astar can lift but from what I hear they can outperform a 204 so they must be pretty good.

Most everyone I know in this business needs or wants alcohol injection.

Have done 2100 legal lift on an FX2 with very little problems there Jimmy. Nice smooth ride, power to spare, not to thirsty. Don't have a big bubble window to magnify my good looks though, and it takes 3 blades to do it ( but whoever declined a 3some!?) nor do I make much of a WHOP WHOP! or t/r GROWL. !!! But then I don't need to overcompensate by using a 45 gal drum for an exhaust either LOL.

Fly safe and say "Hi" to the rest of the boys there for me.

Zazu

PS

I miss tags so much I have to make my own these dayspost-773-1217734539_thumb.jpg

Back on topic...sorry guys

Have done 2100 legal lift on an FX2 with very little problems there Jimmy. Nice smooth ride, power to spare, not to thirsty. Don't have a big bubble window to magnify my good looks though, and it takes 3 blades to do it ( but whoever declined a 3some!?) nor do I make much of a WHOP WHOP! or t/r GROWL. !!! But then I don't need to overcompensate by using a 45 gal drum for an exhaust either LOL.

Fly safe and say "Hi" to the rest of the boys there for me.

Zazu

PS

I miss tags so much I have to make my own these dayspost-773-1217734539_thumb.jpg

Back on topic...sorry guys

Zazu-- Sounds like you are suffering from "Small Pecker Syndrome" :up: :up: :D

Looks like a very professional sling load. Well arranged.