Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Good Thing It Is Slow

Guest Bullet Remington
I have seen 2-205s being supported in the feild by just one engineer and I also know of a 212 in the field being supported by an apprentice just 4 months out of school

And you're surprised?? Not me! Companies are paying Jack- Squat, that's what they'll get! I personally know 5 engineers, all licensed on muti ship types, all packing in the helicopter world to go into other avenues.

They're doing it not because they don't enjoy working around the machines, but because they're tired of getting dry raped.

Always remember, there is a shortage of experienced and qualified engineers. There is NO shortage of apprentices and cheap engineers.

Better the pay, shift rotations and support equipment, the better the company. These things get better, the company gets more and bettter engineers applying etc, etc.

Pay Diddy, Get Diddly! And, unless the companies get their act togahter very quickly, things are going to get worse, alot worse before it gets better!

Keep looking around and you'll see it more and more.

I don't even bother talking to the companies anymore. I refuse to work for $250.-- $350.00 a day. It ain't worth my loading my tools into the truck for that amount!

And you're surprised?? Not me! Companies are paying Jack- Squat, that's what they'll get! I personally know 5 engineers, all licensed on muti ship types, all packing in the helicopter world to go into other avenues.

They're doing it not because they don't enjoy working around the machines, but because they're tired of getting dry raped.

Always remember, there is a shortage of experienced and qualified engineers. There is NO shortage of apprentices and cheap engineers.

Better the pay, shift rotations and support equipment, the better the company. These things get better, the company gets more and bettter engineers applying etc, etc.

Pay Diddy, Get Diddly! And, unless the companies get their act togahter very quickly, things are going to get worse, alot worse before it gets better!

Keep looking around and you'll see it more and more.

I don't even bother talking to the companies anymore. I refuse to work for $250.-- $350.00 a day. It ain't worth my loading my tools into the truck for that amount!

This applies to pilots as well. The best experienced people are leaving for the same reasons. Which leaves what you see now.....a mess!

Guest Bullet Remington
Very well said there Bullet.

Smarter that your average bear there Boo Boo.

thanks, dad!!

needed to be said. Its a sad reflection on the Canadian indusrtry when countries in the Craibbean are paying better and providing better benefits then can be found in canada!!

keerist, i can earn more and get better benefits working as a Maintenance manager for a limo company in canada, then I can as a Maintenance manager for an aviation company!!

What the heck happened to our industry??

I am kinda hoping that hepac sets the standards a lot higher for it membership and the industry.

I am a member, but I'm NOT holding my breath!!