Aircraft Flighttracking

Now that we have been using tracking systems for a couple of years I was just wondering what systems You guys like and dislike?

I have been using Bluesky with a Phone Link using Iridium Seemed to work well only thing we did not have was a hand set.I would give the system a good rating.

i just picked up one of those SPOT personal satellite trackers last week.....its not aircraft specific, lots of hikers,pilots and such are using it....i first heard about it at oshkosh this july......its pretty neat...costs $170 for the unit and about $100 a year for the service subscription...it basically uses gps satellites to track your flight/hike/what have you.....who ever your person responsible for flight watch is can look on google earth and see your exact track for the entire trip...it also has a couple different functions that can send messages to your flight watch or 911 if you require some assistance.....i figured it would be a good investment for me when im flying privately in my "spare" time.

cheers,

TM

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JeffyG

good in theory but it works on the 'globalstar' network :down:

i just picked up one of those SPOT personal satellite trackers last week.....its not aircraft specific, lots of hikers,pilots and such are using it....i first heard about it at oshkosh this july......its pretty neat...costs $170 for the unit and about $100 a year for the service subscription...it basically uses gps satellites to track your flight/hike/what have you.....who ever your person responsible for flight watch is can look on google earth and see your exact track for the entire trip...it also has a couple different functions that can send messages to your flight watch or 911 if you require some assistance.....i figured it would be a good investment for me when im flying privately in my "spare" time.

cheers,

TM

Guest bag swinnger

Does anyone know how to load a phone number into speed dial in the Blue Sky. I can't seem to figure out how or if that is possible with out a lap top plugged in.

Bags