Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Clearwater

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Clearwater is looking for a pilot again are they? I was there corporate pilot 16 years ago when they had the longranger. Great job and great people.Whoever gets this job will truly enjoy it if ya like the corporate world.Im truly amased they are looking for a pilot engineer.Think Ill give Gary.John and Colin a call

Is this the guy you were thinking of RotorHead?

No, different fellow altogther. I know an individual that tried to teach himself float flying at Shortts Lake a few years ago. Thought it might have been him that FrenchWrench was referring too. That would have been truly frightening.

RH

3BX2

I personaly dont think that the principals and all the others that will use this fine machine will get the full punch they deserve out of it with a pilot enginer.Its a much complicated machine,and will certainly need lots of tweeking because of its newness,is that a word?to get all the little quirks out of it.I can remember many a day comeing back from Pt. Hawksbury or the plant at Arashatt, not sure about the spelling landing just at dark,having a snag or two on the longranger. I would call the enginer and he would come and fix it Id meet him early the next morning do a ground run or whatever and we would be on our way to the downtown helipad in Dartmouth right beside the store,pick up John,Colin,and crew and be off to the plant in Yarmouth.That will not happen with a combo driver.In the good ole days that was pretty normal.Today I believe one of those jobs will suffer.Niether can suffer in aviation.Just my point of view.Ya cant fly all day and fix all nite.I sure like flying all day.Is this machine gona be new?Why a 427. I used to fly Donald Trumps old corporate 222 on retracts.I think it would make a much nicer machine for what John, Colin,and crew would like.Cheaper to operate and acquire too.Have a good day Mini. :up: